The Pars v The Bully Wee

Superally

9 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Teams coming to East End will just sit back tight just like we did at Falkirk and counter.

imo it was just one of those games where Clyde had 2 shots and scored 2. 
But 2-0 down at half time and get back to 2-2 earning a point shows there is a good team there in this league.

McPake has done a great job as he had to take a lot of players on with another year on their contracts. I believe we will win the league then a mass clearout for next season and that when we will see McPakes own team.

Agree 100%, either way they’ll be a mass clear out and Mcpake will get to make his stamp on the squad 

5 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Teams coming to East End will just sit back tight just like we did at Falkirk and counter.

In fairness to Clyde I don't think they parked the Bus they were up for a competitive game. We did push them back in the second, but two sloppy goals gave them belief they shouldn't have. Credit to the Pars in the second half they showed some resilience to come back and to score even though it was from the spot. However the overall theme was complacent and it was two points dropped rather than one gained. 

• Upvote 2

No getting away from the fact that we dropped 2 points, but coming back from 0-2 is a plus. Clyde worked hard and had a couple of pacy forwards, who caused us problems on the counter.

I'd need to see their opening goal again, I was sure it was a foul. If it was, wtf was the ref watching? 

We're still 5 pts clear, so let's go out and win next week. Peterhead are easily the poorest team I've seen in the league this season. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rosythpar said:

We still couldn't beat them at home.

That's true, but what's your point, RP? Do you not agree that they're the worst team in League 1? That was just totally bizarre how they scored 2 goals in added time - a complete smash and grab. 

And we're top of the league and they're bottom for a reason.

• Upvote 1

We're not a great side. This will happen over the course of the season, especially when we lose the first goal. We're much more dangerous when teams try and attack and we can play on the break - hence why home games are a struggle.

If we go up this season, it'll be by keeping clean sheets and grinding out results.

Positive from yesterday is Ritchie-Hosler. All the energy of Matty Todd but looks better on the ball. A midfield trio of him, Hamilton and Chalmers could be very effective. Bring Breen back in, go 3-5-2 and get back on the horse, starting next week.

If your mindset is that every time you hand over your money, you expect us to play great football, win easily and entertain - because we are the Pars and it's League One - you're going to be disappointed regularly. If that disappointment causes you to proclaim you won't be back, then you're not going to be at EEP much over the next few months.

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

That's true, but what's your point, RP? Do you not agree that they're the worst team in League 1? That was just totally bizarre how they scored 2 goals in added time - a complete smash and grab. 

And we're top of the league and they're bottom for a reason.

My point is we should be beating Peterhead at home. I didn't think it was bizarre GG,we didn't defend properly and gave them 2 chances to score. We have dropped 4 points at home to the bottom two sides. 

38 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Failing to beat Kelty away was borderline a sackable offence but failing to beat Clyde at home is 100% a sackable offence. 

It was a close shave, got there by a hairs breath. The ball clipped the wood a few times. Got to get right down to the root of the problem. 

10 hours ago, rosythpar said:

My point is we should be beating Peterhead at home. I didn't think it was bizarre GG,we didn't defend properly and gave them 2 chances to score. We have dropped 4 points at home to the bottom two sides. 

I can't argue that we should have beaten Peterhead, but you're old enough and ugly enough to know that football has a habit of producing nasty shocks when you least expect them. 😉 Man City should have beaten Brentford at home yesterday, but they were deservedly beaten. It cost a pal of mine over £200 in a roll up bet.

As I recall, Peterhead had 2 shots on target in the game at EEP, both in time added on and scored each time. Is that not bizarre?

Edited by GG Riva
  • Upvote 1

Far too much bed wetting and self entitlement. We got relegated last year as we were sh1te, most of the first team are the same, we’ve lost one game and are 5 points clear at the top. It was not a good result but hey ho light years in front of the way I felt this time 12 months ago. There is a manager in mcpake who will only improve with time. 

• Upvote 3