The Pars v The Bully Wee

Superally

Dreadful performance, again. Which side are top of the league - impossible to tell. We are so slow in build up - ball speed in passing is about 4 mph. No width , we dont have a single player capable of taking a man on and beating him. We were holding on the last 5 mins - Clyde looked much likelier to grab a winner. Pass marks to Bene and Richie- Hosier. 

But dear oh dear Chalmers, Mochrie, Fisher , Edwards Wighton Todorov Macdonald    

and Mahon all contributed zilch. 

Our lack of creativity shows more at home as generally, teams set up to frustrate. 

Lots of problems today, aside from the two goals we gave away. 

Why are we so slow in our build up during the first half of games ? 
We spent really have anyone other than Mochrie and Chalmers who can play a vertical pass at times. 

The movement of our two strikers leaves a lot to be desired. Ok, crosses were by and large poor, but the don’t move to the ball, make front or far post runs or drag defenders out of position. 

Todd was anonymous today. Aside from a shot first half, he didn’t get beyond the front two at any time. 

Mahon has no chance of getting a game at Motherwell based on that 45 mins. 
Macdonald struggles when he plays high up the pitch.  Not really his fault. 
Edwards as bad as I have seen him this season. Comrie did ok defensively. 

Fisher was ok but guilty of losing cheap possession which was a problem for the team generally and meant we were never a ale to sustain any pressure. 

We need a bit of quality in January or fear we will be caught by the six fingered lot 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Not sure if it’s a great comeback. We could be playing till 12 tonight and wouldn’t have scored in open play. Simple stuff couldn’t be done today such as a 5 yard pass to a teammate

Didn't get to see the game at all, 2 down sounding utter guff to draw on papers is a result. 

But we should really be beating teams like this, two 2-2 draws with the bottom teams at home isn't really a celebration tbh.

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

Brutal 1st half being honest. Better 2nd half obviously. Not acceptable though. Bad day at the office.

It's funny, I actually thought we played better in the first half, made more chances. Second half was more pedestrian from us, especially with Clyde sitting back, but we got the goals in the end. Strange match. Frustrating after last week's great result, but there it is.

Thought we were a little lucky to get the second penalty, but then Clyde were a little lucky that the first goal stood, and then that we gave them the chance to make it 2-0 through slack play. So it goes.

• Upvote 1

Far too complacent in the first half and frustrating after last weeks win at Falkirk. some of the performances from the players was lackadaisical and unacceptable. Mahon and McDonald were deservedly hooked but it easily could have been others. Far too often players were being caught out on the ball, poor passing and little movement. Players guilty of not tracking back. I think there was a feeling that the players just needed to turn up and collect the 3pts. Edwards just didnt look anywhere near himself and I wonder he was still carrying the reported back injury. I can only guess that Hamilton was injured as well. 

I find it disappointing to hear reports that Alan Main (Goal keeper coach) and the Physio have left the club. I think Mehmet has been hugely improved this season and you would have to consider that Main was part of that.   

Teams coming to East End will just sit back tight just like we did at Falkirk and counter.

imo it was just one of those games where Clyde had 2 shots and scored 2. 
But 2-0 down at half time and get back to 2-2 earning a point shows there is a good team there in this league.

McPake has done a great job as he had to take a lot of players on with another year on their contracts. I believe we will win the league then a mass clearout for next season and that when we will see McPakes own team.

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 1