Pars v Celtic B

Superally

After the anti-climax of the weekend the Pars have a home midweek fixture on Tues 15th against the peculiarity that is Celtic B in the third round of SPFL Trust Trophy. This was a rearranged fixture from September as Celtic B who play in the Lowland league had players called up for internationals. In their last cup outing they defeated Albion Rovers 3-2 at Cliftonhill. Celtic B currently sit 7th in the Lowland League but they seem to score goals and have won 5 of their last 6 fixtures. Officially they are the reserve side of Celtic but are based at Airdries Excelsior stadium and contain mainly youth players. On a personal level I fundamentally disagree with the concept of B teams being allowed to compete alongside established teams so I hope the Pars do enough to see this fixture through and progress to the next round

I'm torn. I obviously shouldn't turn up to see a colt team from one half of the former old firm.

On the other hand, the next game I'll likely make is the Falkirk match at new year, so I could do with a fix. Also a chance to see the young players coming through, albeit disappointing that Ritchie-Hosler and Mahon can't play.

I think it’s fair to say that this game hasn’t generated as much excitement as other recent matches - either due to the competition or the opponents. Still you can only beat who’s in front of you and this is a chance for a couple of fringe players to get 90 minutes under their belt. I’d like to see Max Little get some game time in this one.

48 minutes ago, Digs said:

I'm torn tbh. I've never been to a challenge cup game in my puff, I've no interest in it. I also disagree with the concept of colt teams anyway but with the Mrs and my daughter working in the stand, I'll be sitting in the house twiddling my thumbs. 

An evening with the house to yourself sounds like a big win! 🙂

I don't mind the Challenge Cup generally, but on principle I won't attend a game with B sides.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I'm torn tbh. I've never been to a challenge cup game in my puff, I've no interest in it. I also disagree with the concept of colt teams anyway but with the Mrs and my daughter working in the stand, I'll be sitting in the house twiddling my thumbs. 

You could get hunners of Brownie pts by going to EEP with them and helping them out with their work instead of watching the game. 😃

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

You could get hunners of Brownie pts by going to EEP with them and helping them out with their work instead of watching the game. 😃

I could always act as the bouncer for the big brave arseholes who shout at teenagers when they're not happy with their pies right enough.

• Upvote 1