Pars v Celtic B

Superally

3 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Was kinda hoping we'd get knocked out. Hopefully Mcpake will keep the youngsters for the next round, or use for keeping fringe players ticking over. Would I be ecstatic if we won the tournament?

Nah! 

Really?

we are still in a cup where the younger players can mix with the older team and learn….

5 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Touch dramatic following a virtual training match with most of the reserves playing.

And we won.

And we beat Falkirk at their place the league game before last.

We started the game with seven first team players and we brought on Edwards and Wighton.

Have you been happy with the home performances this season? 

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'm happy with one defeat out of 15 games, being 5 points clear and 9 clean sheets.

The performances are an irrelevance to me given the league we are in. 

Wonder how long  we will keep picking up points with the performances we have been putting in at home,dropping four points to the bottom two teams.

We need to add players in January and try to stay top.

We have been solid defensively and have put in some good performances away from home.

We're 5 points clear, have the best defensive record in Scotland (possibly the UK), undefeated at home and have went nearly halfway through the season with only one league loss without seemingly getting out of second gear.

We do have to improve though as we have ridden our luck on occasions, other teams will improve and will adjust their game plans to ours and the squad is paper thin, loss of form and injuries are inevitable, hoping that James McPake has a good transfer window in January so that we can get a bit more depth in the squad.

If you had asked me if I would have taken the position we are in now before the season started I would have bitten your hands off.

• Upvote 3

I think the concern rosyth par has with the level of performance is fair. 

We aren't good at home and it's actually been bit of a struggle. 

Someone can correct me but at home in the league we haven't scored a first half goal or been in front in the first half.

We won't win any league just relying on 45 minutes.

Away from home we seem much better

• Upvote 1

We scored at home to Kelty but were 1 each at HT.

That's it for first 45 though at home. There's only so much you can out on bad luck or missed chances, more needs to be done at home for full 90. There's a definite lack of something, whether it's bodies getting forward and/or slow forward play. 

Another gripe of mine for years was that we were too content to play on front of the opposition and not getting balls in behind enough. Maybe that comes with a better quality player?

There's a definite lack of something, whether it's bodies getting forward and/or slow forward play. 

Another gripe of mine for years was that we were too content to play on front of the opposition and not getting balls in behind enough. Maybe that comes with a better quality player?

Todd will very occasionally make a run and get beyond the strikers, but that's about it. Chalmers, Allan, Hamilton - these guys are not going to contribute many goals, because they don't get into the box often enough - they are just not that type of player

57 minutes ago, Raymie said:

There's a definite lack of something, whether it's bodies getting forward and/or slow forward play. 

Todd will very occasionally make a run and get beyond the strikers, but that's about it. Chalmers, Allan, Hamilton - these guys are not going to contribute many goals, because they don't get into the box often enough - they are just not that type of player

Mochrie is the one player who looks to play defence splitting passes. Unfortunately, when they don't come off the team loses possession and the fans get on his back but playing safe passes in front of defences rarely results in a goal from open play, unless a defender makes a mistake.

• Upvote 1