Pars v Celtic B

Superally

Our stuffy set-up is great for being hard to beat but we have no pace up front or out wide to get in behind defences. 

I'm happy with our points total but christ we're a hard watch. The crosses in the box are normally lacking quality and then when we do get a decent ball in the box, the strikers are nowhere near where the ball lands. We've managed to nick a late goal on many occassions but I'm not sure that will continue to work out for us. We need a big improvement in the final 3rd if we are going to stay at the top come May.

To be fair though, we are also missing two strikers through injury who almost certainly would be playing or contributing from the bench.  Last season we lost so many stupid goals.  This season we have one of the best (if not, the best) defensive record in Scotland.  I’d rather be tough to watch but win than nice to watch and lose.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

O'Hara has plenty of pace and will hopefully be more effective when he comes back now that he's more likely to play through the middle - or at least come off the bench to play through the middle.

You'd hope so, if we're able to actually make proper use of that pace. Maybe Mochrie will be able to pick a through ball for him.