Qatar World Cup

GG Riva

30 minutes ago, Digs said:

Some absolute nonsense decisions already. Not sure who is doing VAR but it’s clearly not anyone who knows anything about fitba.

Second offside in the Argentina game yesterday was given because his arm was offside. How can that be offside if you can’t score with your arm? Where is the advantage? Get in the bin.

Argentinians sometimes can 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Some absolute nonsense decisions already. Not sure who is doing VAR but it’s clearly not anyone who knows anything about fitba.

Second offside in the Argentina game yesterday was given because his arm was offside. How can that be offside if you can’t score with your arm? Where is the advantage? Get in the bin.

It was the top part of his arm that was used as the line, which you can score with due to the ‘teeshirt’ line tweak to the handball rule. 

I’m pretty sure whoever is VAR is a pretty experienced referee who’ll know the rules inside out you don’t get that position being dragged off the street.

2 hours ago, Superally said:

What is it with the additional time after 90mins, games are going on for ages. Alex Ferguson would be having a heart attack

Apparently they are deliberately clamping down on time wasting.   It is very silly tho,  I would be interested to see the ball in play stats I can easily see them being up toward 70 minutes which is going to end up being too much if implemented over a full season. They will negatively impact the game keeping this up, we’ll see an increase in injuries and teams will start playing at lower tempo so they can play longer.

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It was the top part of his arm that was used as the line, which you can score with due to the ‘teeshirt’ line tweak to the handball rule. 

I’m pretty sure whoever is VAR is a pretty experienced referee who’ll know the rules inside out you don’t get that position being dragged off the street.

And this is a ridiculous rule. By this logic, if I'm in between the striker and the goal, he shoots, its going in the top bin, keeper not getting near it, and I turn my back and stretch my arm out folding my hand back into my chest and the ball hits the top part of my arm are we saying it's not a penalty? Absolutely no chance.

On the flip side, if I run onto a cross, I'm not reaching it so I stretch my arm out to make contact and guide it into the goal with the top part of my arm, are saying the goal stands? Again, absolutely no chance is that being given.

It's just another stupid rule to tinker with rules that were fine in the first place. 

32 minutes ago, Digs said:

And this is a ridiculous rule. By this logic, if I'm in between the striker and the goal, he shoots, its going in the top bin, keeper not getting near it, and I turn my back and stretch my arm out folding my hand back into my chest and the ball hits the top part of my arm are we saying it's not a penalty? Absolutely no chance.

On the flip side, if I run onto a cross, I'm not reaching it so I stretch my arm out to make contact and guide it into the goal with the top part of my arm, are saying the goal stands? Again, absolutely no chance is that being given.

It's just another stupid rule to tinker with rules that were fine in the first place. 

No penalty and goal stands in your scenarios,  that’s the rules as it stands, it can’t be handball if it hits the top of the arm.

60AA6E8D-F9E7-4412-B2EB-75769023C856.thumb.jpeg.08b2cdc3b268f4f619f61eccfdbfa01c.jpeg

It is unnecessary tinkering, they’ve been messing about with handball for ages trying to make it better and at no point have they done so.

Edited by parsforlife

No, the scenarios I described would be handball then. Those pictures are basically talking about your shoulder essentially. I'd seen it, (you might have even said it) that it's the shirt sleeve part of your arm. How many shirts only cover the shoulder? 

Whatever the rule is, it's pish. If it hits your arm, unless it's blasted at you from 3 feet away and you can't move, it's handball. All this 'unnatural position' nonsense and 'shirt sleeve' etc is only needed because they've been messing about with it for so long trying to solve a problem that wasn't a big problem anyway.

35 minutes ago, Digs said:

No, the scenarios I described would be handball then. Those pictures are basically talking about your shoulder essentially. I'd seen it, (you might have even said it) that it's the shirt sleeve part of your arm. How many shirts only cover the shoulder? 

Whatever the rule is, it's pish. If it hits your arm, unless it's blasted at you from 3 feet away and you can't move, it's handball. All this 'unnatural position' nonsense and 'shirt sleeve' etc is only needed because they've been messing about with it for so long trying to solve a problem that wasn't a big problem anyway.

The teeshirt line has become the slang basically,  the formal rule is inline with the bottom of armpit, wherever the **** that is