DAFC Supporters groups meeting 22.11.22

Superally

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Excellent Digs, much appreciated - don't want to speak too soon but there definitely seems to be something positive developing here & the manager is integral to it all. 

I think so, he clearly loves football, and his enthusiasm for the job and willingness to learn and be better at his job is obvious.

• Upvote 1

I knew I;d forgotten something!

There was a question about the three lights in the Main Stand that are apparently really bright (I don't sit there so never seen them personally).

Basically, this is a temporary measure as the floodlights in that corner aren't fully operational and there was a dull spot on that side of the pitch, so they put those lights in until such times that the actual floodlights are repaired.  

22 minutes ago, Digs said:

I knew I;d forgotten something!

There was a question about the three lights in the Main Stand that are apparently really bright (I don't sit there so never seen them personally).

Basically, this is a temporary measure as the floodlights in that corner aren't fully operational and there was a dull spot on that side of the pitch, so they put those lights in until such times that the actual floodlights are repaired.  

Ah, that explains it. I wondered at the Clyde match what they were about.

PXL_20221112_155708428.jpg

PXL_20221112_155703852.jpg

Excellent summary by Digs.

The highlight for me was James' detailed explanation of how Dave Mackay had analysed hundreds of corner kicks and come up with the set-piece move of Craig Wighton's goal against Falkirk.

TBH it showed a much more professional analysis than I had expected, and certainly moved James up considerably in my estimation of his qualities as a manager from when I used to see him at Dens Park. It seems that his and Dave's willingness to embrace match analysis as a tool was a major factor in their both being recruited by DAFC. It's obvious that James is still full of enthusiasm for his work and is thoroughly enjoying his time at DAFC, and the relationship he has with David Cook and Thomas Meggle. 

• Upvote 1