DAFC Supporters groups meeting 22.11.22

Superally

On 18/11/2022 at 16:37, Superally said:

I would like to ask a question about traffic management at East End Park at FT. This is a significant issue of public safety and there is a serious risk of someone being seriously hurt when crowds walk out onto Halbeath Road. I gather while the club has requested a TTRO and this was supported by the Fife Council the Police have refused. What are the club doing to escalate this further as this is an unacceptable decision by Police Scotland

If Fife Council supports the TTRO and pays the wages of Police Scotland in Fife, how can it refuse to carry out the request?

I think the Police were diverting traffic via Garvock Hill, in the early season games, so what's changed? If anything, it's more imperative now, given it's dark at 4.50 pm.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Because the majority of people don’t have a clue there’s a game on.

I'd argue that if they are driving along Halbeath road and can't see the floodlights on from miles away giving them the opportunity to take a detour even if they don't know it's on, then they shouldn't be on the road.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I'd argue that if they are driving along Halbeath road and can't see the floodlights on from miles away giving them the opportunity to take a detour even if they don't know it's on, then they shouldn't be on the road.

Aye but you’re thinking as a football fan, you see floodlights, automatically think football match, realise it’s near full time, think there will be a crowd exiting and take a detour.   Most wouldn’t join those dots.   I doubt if you surveyed everyone in west fife what time we normally play at home you’d get 20% who would say Saturday afternoon without guessing,  they would then struggle to tell you when full time is and definitely couldn’t tell you how many people would be there.  

Not that there isn’t many many people who shouldn’t be on the road.

I drove past east end during the Celtic B game, but knew there was about 10 minutes to go and there would be minimal crowd at the game so it wouldn’t be a disruption.  In your scenario most wouldn’t have a clue the difference between that and Falkirk at home.

Edited by parsforlife