Traffic Management at Full Time

Digs

3 hours ago, Digs said:

It's already illegal.

You could have fooled me. 🤔

In some places, like St Andrew St in old Brucefield, the pavements are much wider than the road and obviously designed to allow cars to park and still leave ample room for pedestrians. In others, like Woodmill Crescent, which is on a local bus route, cars often park in a way which blocks the bus, even with 2 wheels on the pavement. It's especially bad on Fridays, when many people are attending the local mosque on Woodmill Road.

44 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

You could have fooled me. 🤔

In some places, like St Andrew St in old Brucefield, the pavements are much wider than the road and obviously designed to allow cars to park and still leave ample room for pedestrians. In others, like Woodmill Crescent, which is on a local bus route, cars often park in a way which blocks the bus, even with 2 wheels on the pavement. It's especially bad on Fridays, when many people are attending the local mosque on Woodmill Road.

Aye, I know, the ones in St Andrews Street used to be actual spaces.

It's the same down my road. Cars parking in front of and behind a bus stop which means the bus blocks the entire road when it stops, which is just past a junction that leads to both a garage and a roundabout. Technically, they are parked legally, but it is utter stupidity. 

Just another thing the police have no manpower to combat though that gets forgotten. It has been illegal for a while now though.

• Upvote 1