17 games, 10 goals

SanguinePar

I know today is disappointing, but just a word of respect for the job our defence has done so far this season. To only concede our 10th goal in our 17th league match and having avoided it until December is incredible. 

Such a platform to build on, if we can just pick up some more attacking creativity in January.

• Upvote 1

Queens were decent, was speaking to a Queens fan before the game and he said they were horribly inconsistent could score 4 one week and lose by the same amount next week. They had goals in them today and like us didn't take their chances. They didn't deserve to lose. Agree with the OP Losing one game and only 10 goals and we are one game from the half-way point in the season is a hell of achievement. We need to be more prolific and while some are critical of Todorov he is the highest scorer with 8 goals this season. 

34 minutes ago, Superally said:

Queens were decent, was speaking to a Queens fan before the game and he said they were horribly inconsistent could score 4 one week and lose by the same amount next week. They had goals in them today and like us didn't take their chances. They didn't deserve to lose. Agree with the OP Losing one game and only 10 goals and we are one game from the half-way point in the season is a hell of achievement. We need to be more prolific and while some are critical of Todorov he is the highest scorer with 8 goals this season. 

Todorov was back to his best today.  Contrast that to last week where you’d struggle to see how he’d get the starting spot back.

9 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Think we need to risk losing more goals at home to try winning more games at home.  The tactics are too negative. Sensed a good few fans starting to get ****ed off with the boring football on our home patch.

Interestingly I think we actually went slightly too attack minded with mochrie and KRH in midfield,  i don’t want to criticise too much as I’d have stated the same team as mcpake but it didn’t work the same as last week,  we lost too many second balls which didn’t allow us to develop our play.  That improved at 4-4-2 but still wasn’t great.  Hamilton needed to be on much earlier.

A draw when not at our best isn’t a bad result, we can’t play at that level every week and win the league but there’s been enough good performances so far to give ourselves a gap which we can hopefully increase next week.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Interestingly I think we actually went slightly too attack minded with mochrie and KRH in midfield,  i don’t want to criticise too much as I’d have stated the same team as mcpake but it didn’t work the same as last week,  we lost too many second balls which didn’t allow us to develop our play.  That improved at 4-4-2 but still wasn’t great.  Hamilton needed to be on much earlier.

A draw when not at our best isn’t a bad result, we can’t play at that level every week and win the league but there’s been enough good performances so far to give ourselves a gap which we can hopefully increase next week.

It's too narrow though. We don't get enough crosses into the box. I think KRH looks good when he gets wide and puts crosses in. He created the first penalty against Clyde from a cross. Todorov scored from a cross but we don't do it enough. Edward does a good job getting down the left but Comrie does't provide the same attacking threat down the right.

I would like to see a winger deployed in home games. Somebody who can get bums of seats and give a bit of excitement.

Comrie has clearly been told to focus more on the defensive side. That changed when we went behind.

We simply need more bodies available for the ball in forward areas. Queens seemed to be able to be easily capable of reaching our box and pinging a shot at goal while we laboured until around the hour mark and even then, not rough for my liking. 

We seemed to have fallen back into this ponderous set up play that plagued us last season and when it's 3511, it can be ****e to watch. Perhaps a winger or two in January could help us with that and go 442. 

On 03/12/2022 at 18:10, Raymie said:

Agree although we could and should have lost more than one today. Queens were decent. 

...and if my Granny had wheels she'd be a bike 🤷‍♂️😂 If Todorov was more composed, we could have easily won the game and he could have had a hatrick.

In response to the OP, it's a fantastic record and something that barely gets mentioned when folk are still moaning when we're 5 points clear, with one league defeat and undefeated at home all season. Apparently our home form is terrible though...

9 hours ago, Digs said:

...and if my Granny had wheels she'd be a bike 🤷‍♂️😂 If Todorov was more composed, we could have easily won the game and he could have had a hatrick.

In response to the OP, it's a fantastic record and something that barely gets mentioned when folk are still moaning when we're 5 points clear, with one league defeat and undefeated at home all season. Apparently our home form is terrible though...

Feels like we have missed a big opportunity to further the gap at the top with the draws at home. Defence have been solid and Benedictus has been a good signing. Performances at home have been a hard watch at times but we are top of the league and hopefully we stay top come end of the season. 

I feel like Falkirk have missed a big opportunity to close the gap with their inability to put a string of results together - and by freezing in the derby.

We're not that great a side.  If we win the league, it will be because we are less inconsistent than the rest of the limited sides that occupy the 3rd tier in Scottish football.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Feels like we have missed a big opportunity to further the gap at the top with the draws at home. Defence have been solid and Benedictus has been a good signing. Performances at home have been a hard watch at times but we are top of the league and hopefully we stay top come end of the season. 

A hard watch? Have they though? It's not been free flowing samba football but it's night and day from the stuff we were watching last year which actually was hard to watch.

Folk have to start using a bit of perspective and context. I'm not saying I'm completely happy with how the team are playing, it's not amazing and I;d like us to start taking chances, and getting on the end of more balls into the box but it is a million miles from being bad. We're getting results with a solid starting 11 and a squad that is only about 70-80% complete, and doing it with a fair bit of ease. We've only lost one game all season and we still have the January window to come with money available to strengthen. I'm not sure who else will be getting stronger, Falkirk clearly can't afford it.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Digs said:

A hard watch? Have they though? It's not been free flowing samba football but it's night and day from the stuff we were watching last year which actually was hard to watch.

Folk have to start using a bit of perspective and context. I'm not saying I'm completely happy with how the team are playing, it's not amazing and I;d like us to start taking chances, and getting on the end of more balls into the box but it is a million miles from being bad. We're getting results with a solid starting 11 and a squad that is only about 70-80% complete, and doing it with a fair bit of ease. We've only lost one game all season and we still have the January window to come with money available to strengthen. I'm not sure who else will be getting stronger, Falkirk clearly can't afford it.

Well said