Arbroath v Pars SPFL Trust Trophy

Superally

The Pars set aside league action to head to Gayfield to Face Arbroath in the SPFL Trust Trophy with a Friday Night kickoff. Many of us will be familiar with Arbroath who constantly gave us a doing last season and while they had an epic 21/22 season, this season they haven’t hit the same heights. The Bunnet will be frustrated with this seasons form as The Red Litchies sit 9th  in the Championship having won only 2 games, drawing 7 and losing 8, scoring 11 goals and conceding 23. In total they have earned 13pts only 2 more than Hamilton in last place. Current form suggests they seem to be more adept at drawing games with their last win against Hamilton in Oct. However, The Bunnet is a shrewd operator and he will fancy his chances at home against a Pars team that is hard to beat but not as prolific as it should be. Equally McPake will see this as an opportunity to test his team against a Championship side. Form would suggest the Pars have the edge but I wouldn’t be surprised if this game is settled by penalties. COYP

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I would expect some rotation if not as much as against Celtic B.  There is no reason to risk Edwards or Benedictus especially.  And also a time to give guys like little and Macdonald who haven’t played much. 

i think he will play the strongest team he can if fit and available

On 05/12/2022 at 11:53, the saline hill puma said:

Read somewhere it was to do with world cup games clashing with it at 3pm, but they also take place on Friday so no idea whether thats the correct reason

You would also imagine more people would prefer to watch Netherlands v Argentina over Morocco v Portugal