Airdrie v Pars

Superally

After last weekend’s highly successful journey to Arbroath, the Pars hope to continue their winning ways with a trip to face Airdrie to reach the half-way point in our season. Airdrie after a promising start have slipped down to 6th place and the bottom half of the league table 10pts behind the Pars. However they should not be underestimated being one of the highest scoring teams with 29 goals but they have shipped 23 in the process. Recent form has seen them unbeaten in their last 5 games and they tend to sit at the top of the form guides, indeed they can be quite formidable at home with only two defeats this season. The Pars should feel buoyant after a Challenge Cup away win against Championship opposition in Arbroath, but away form in the league they also formidable as well only conceding 2 goals thus far in a defeat to Montrose. The last outing between the sides was a 1-1 draw with the Pars benefiting from a Fordyce OG. The Pars sit in first place with a 5pt lead over Edinburgh and should expect to maintain that gap heading towards the 2nd half of the season’s fixtures. A 2-1 Pars win for me. COYP   

• Upvote 1

I was really impressed by Airdrie in the reverse fixture when they took the game to us at every opportunity, which made for great entertainment. I also watched the highlights of their 4-0 win over Falkirk and they were very impressive. They've also had some very iffy results like a 0-6 v Edinburgh, so let's hope it's that version we face on Saturday.

I think there'll be a decent crowd and they'll be well up for the game. A draw would be a decent result - a win would be brilliant. 

1-1 for me.

They are very attack minded and have plenty of goals in them, However it leaves them vulnerable at the back and they have conceded plenty as well. There are a bit Dundee Utd - do really well one week and are an utter disaster the next and just far too inconsistent. It will be a hard game though.

I think Hamilton is almost a certain to play in midfield for this. 

Airdrie look to be vulnerable to a high press, Its not something we typically implement but it has been something we have done fairly well when we choose to do so,  If I was mcpake I'd be picking the team with that in mind,   probably involves todd playing higher up. 

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Heard this morning that Airdrie will let us know by 9am if the game is on. 

Pitch inspection now called for 10:30.

It wasn’t one of the games with a pre-arranged inspection yesterday, so if your info is correct I’d speculate they’ve got to the ground this morning, had a look and now feel an inspection is needed,  given it’s still happening this morning I think we’re looking at a call off here.