Airdrie v Pars

Superally

11 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Top at Christmas. League title in the bag.

I was wanting to make a statistical analysis on our current position vs previous champions but since the excellent staato.com died a death I haven't found a decent resource to look up historic week by week tables

Edit-  found how to do it at worldfootball, back to 2010/11 anyway.

Cowdenbeath and morton are the only sides to have won the league having not been on top at this stage, they were both only 2 points behind.  If anyone does overtake us they'll need to do something not done for at least 12 seasons.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That Saturday already has league games scheduled 

Ah, Falkirk game will have to be in midweek then. I'd imagine they held off until today because there was a chance to rearrange the Falkirk game on Feb 11, if they'd also been knocked out. Shame. 

Still looking in a strong position just now. Falkirk have been picking up their fair share of wins recently. Loads of pressure still on for them to be consistently winning though. We will no doubt drop points ourselves, but can't see us losing more than a few games before the finish. Think the game against Falkirk at home could be the pivotal moment. They need the points badly against us.

IMG_20230123_200808.JPG

IMG_20230123_200734.JPG

A bit of cockiness maybe but I don’t see where we drop 7 points to Falkirk.  Mcpake has McGlynns number so I can’t see us coming out worse off from the 2 games against them,  keep this up, hard work determination and professionalism and we’ll pick up enough vs the rest.   It’ll take a collapse of our form to lose this. We are our own biggest threat to the title. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Still looking in a strong position just now. Falkirk have been picking up their fair share of wins recently. Loads of pressure still on for them to be consistently winning though. We will no doubt drop points ourselves, but can't see us losing more than a few games before the finish. Think the game against Falkirk at home could be the pivotal moment. They need the points badly against us.

IMG_20230123_200808.JPG

IMG_20230123_200734.JPG

Falkirk’s next 3 games all away too. Could see some dropped points coming up soon. I’d try arrange the game against them mid February and have them play 5/6 next games away from home 

• Upvote 2