Tam Cowan

GG Riva

Tam Cowan can be a witty and funny guy, but he`s made a complete @rse of himself here:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/former-hibs-star-marvin-bartley-accuses-fellow-bbc-pundit-tam-cowan-of-bullying-over-racism-row-3955215

Good on Marvin Bartley for calling him out. His job at the BBC could be on the line. He can`t dismiss everything with "Ach, it wis only a joke."

2 hours ago, Al k said:

I've never been sure on Tam Cowan to be honest. Think he pushes a lot of stuff off because he's a "Cheeky chap".

Good on Marvin. 

I was at that Save the Pars night in the Glen when Tam did it on his own after Stuart Cosgrove called off sick. His opening line was "Aw right you c*nts?!" I don't think I'm a prude but that made me cringe. Plenty folk round about me were laughing though, so maybe I'm just getting old.....

Worse was to follow when he directed some sexist stuff at Margaret Ross and then laughed it off when he saw she didn't find it funny. There was a thread about it on botnet next day and Tam joined so he could defend his corner with his usual "It was just a laugh, bit o banter" line.

9 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I was at that Save the Pars night in the Glen when Tam did it on his own after Stuart Cosgrove called off sick. His opening line was "Aw right you c*nts?!" I don't think I'm a prude but that made me cringe. Plenty folk round about me were laughing though, so maybe I'm just getting old.....

Worse was to follow when he directed some sexist stuff at Margaret Ross and then laughed it off when he saw she didn't find it funny. There was a thread about it on botnet next day and Tam joined so he could defend his corner with his usual "It was just a laugh, bit o banter" line.

I'd completely forgot all about that. 

Edited by Al k

1 hour ago, Par_fect said:

Yet who of the 2 have been convicted by the police with threatening a woman he was cheating on his girlfriend with ?

What's the point you're trying to make here, Par_fect? 

Is it that he deserves to be mocked (and racially abused) because he was convicted of threatening behaviour towards a woman (and cheated on his girlfriend)? 

On 16/12/2022 at 13:54, GG Riva said:

I remember that, it was absolute cringe. It reminded me of the time I met Alex Salmond at Perth Races when I was there with my football team. He tried to insert himself in the conversation by being ‘one of the lads’ f-ing and c-ing and he just looked like a bellend. 

16 hours ago, GG Riva said:

What's the point you're trying to make here, Par_fect? 

Is it that he deserves to be mocked (and racially abused) because he was convicted of threatening behaviour towards a woman (and cheated on his girlfriend)? 

My point is what Bartley did is much worse than anything Tam Cowan has ever done