Kelty Hearts v The Pars

Superally

After last weekends postponement against Airdrie the Pars are on the road again albeit a stones throw away at Kelty Hearts. Kelty’s home form has been decent having only lost two games at New Central Park thus far and recent form has seen them lose two and win two. Scoring goals remains a problem for them managing 19 goals but they have conceded 26. The Pars remain top of the table and enjoy a 4pt lead over Edinburgh in second place, Falkirk and Montrose are a further 7pts back. Recent form for the Pars has been good - unbeaten in five games and they have the best away form in the league. With two games in against Kelty Hearts with the first ending in a 0-0 draw and the last was a 2-1 win with goals from Todorov and Wighton we should hold an advantage. However with the Pars game last weekend called off, Kelty Hearts enjoyed a good win after coming from behind against QoS. The Pars hopefully won’t be ring rusty but should have enough to give their supporters a early Xmas present 2-1 Pars win for me COYP.

50 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Doesn't seem to be as much of a "buzz" compared to the last one.

Think its poor choice to play it Xmas eve, if it was played on boxing day it would likely be close to a sell out 

Agreed, I never went to the first game at Kelty and was looking forward to this one until I discovered it was on Xmas eve. Rotten day for a game.

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Good to see that the club managed another bounce game midweek against Dundee Utd and that Lewis McCann scored a double. He has given McPake a option for the kelty game and the Pars hopefully wont be ring rusty from last weekends lay off

Where you seing this mate? 

10 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Doesn't seem to be as much of a "buzz" compared to the last one.

Think its poor choice to play it Xmas eve, if it was played on boxing day it would likely be close to a sell out 

You're looking at it purely from a fan's perspective, SHP. I'm sure the players and manager would much prefer to get the game played tomorrow and enjoy a couple of days off on Christmas and Boxing Day.

With New Central Park having such a small capacity, it's unlikely to make a huge difference to the attendance - besides, the Pars won't make any money from it, so I don't think they'll be that bothered. It could be that Kelty asked for the game to be moved and the Pars turned them down.

As to the game itself, I foresee another tight one, with one goal potentially being enough to win it. Hopefully, the Pars get it. 🤞