The Pars v Falkirk

Superally

Next Monday the Pars play Falkirk at East End Park, regardless of the result The Pars will be top of the table whether it is by 4 Pts, 7pts or 10pts is the question. The reality is that Falkirk just cant afford to lose even at this stage if they want to win the single all important promotion place. Over the past 6 matches the form guide shows The Pars have a slight edge However the Pars home form despite being unbeaten this season has more draws than wins. The Bairns away form with three wins / draws and two losses should make this a competitive fixture. The Bairns do have an edge in goal scoring with 36 goals thus far and while the Pars have Lewis McCann back fit I think all Pars fans would want us to be more clinical in front of goal. What the Pars do have is sheer dogmatic resilience, being difficult to beat and a manager who is prepared to make changes if needed. The previous game at EEP was honours even with a 1-1 draw with Benedictus scoring from a 55m penalty. The last game between the teams was an 1-0 away win with a Wighton goal. I suspect this will be a tough midfield battle but The Pars have that home advantage and 2-1 home win and a 10pt gap sounds like a Happy New Year to me. COYP

• Upvote 1

I hope McPake sets us up to exploit the fact that Falkirk need to go for the win - a draw is really no use to them if they are to retain any chance of automatic promotion. Similarly, I hope we don't set up not to lose, like Aberdeen did at home to Celtic. The fans would find that hard to swallow if we were to lose the game without laying a glove on them.

My wattur says another 1-1 draw. 

• Upvote 1

This is a huge game. A bumper crowd for a New Year derby is an inspiring thought. I can see us setting out to frustrate Falkirk again with a solid lineup, relying on our excellent defence to build a solid platform and looking to the forwards to pick them off.

A win in this game would be massive for either side - let’s hope it’s those in black and white celebrating come 5 o’clock.