The Pars v Falkirk

Superally

21 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Pitch inspection at 12. Game will be off.

I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as that. There’s two hours of rising temps and sun before the inspection. Only iffy bit will be in the shade of the main stand. 

The match ref is inspecting it on arrival. If it was that much at risk they’d have a local ref inspect it at half ten. 

The heating was due to be on but it failed yesterday. Don’t think we have frost covers any more(?)

1 minute ago, Digs said:

I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as that. There’s two hours of rising temps and sun before the inspection. Only iffy bit will be in the shade of the main stand. 

The match ref is inspecting it on arrival. If it was that much at risk they’d have a local ref inspect it at half ten. 

The heating was due to be on but it failed yesterday. Don’t think we have frost covers any more(?)

In Rosyth the grass is rock solid so would be surprised if it thawed in two hours.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

In Rosyth the grass is rock solid so would be surprised if it thawed in two hours.

No it’s not. I’m in Camdean and it’s only the top that’s frozen. I’ve also just been up to East End to drop my daughter off and it’s above freezing up there too. 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

. Don’t think we have frost covers any more(?)

This is really poor from the club IMO. 

We've made it clear that we won't use USH, so it's of little surprise when an old, under used and under maintained system doesn't work. To then not have frost covers leaves us with absolutely no pitch protection. 

To have such a massive game, both for the season and financially, called off due to one night of -3 temperatures is appealing. Absolutely amateur hour. 

33 minutes ago, Grant said:

This is really poor from the club IMO. 

We've made it clear that we won't use USH, so it's of little surprise when an old, under used and under maintained system doesn't work. To then not have frost covers leaves us with absolutely no pitch protection. 

To have such a massive game, both for the season and financially, called off due to one night of -3 temperatures is appealing. Absolutely amateur hour. 

I could be wrong though, hence the ?, but I’ve not seen them for years. 

Covers in isolation don’t stop them freezing anyway, it just stops frost settling. 

Either way, we need to do something. 

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I wonder if the club has the USH under maintenance through a company? If then any breakdowns should be repaired even on new years days if it’s under contract. 
It’s a shame as a lot of folk have travelled a long way for the game and a massive loss in revenue.

As far as I’m aware it’s not. It’s old and constantly breaking and is maintained as best they can by the groundsmen as I understand it, so it needs replaced but that isn’t cheap.