Jan transfer gossip

Superally

2 minutes ago, Raymie said:

It’s a concern that we have not got cover at centre back and full back. I’m hoping that we get a couple of loans in during February. 
If not, I fear the worst. If that happens, it really will be unforgivable  

Todorov has played centre half before in his career lol

12 minutes ago, Raymie said:

It’s a concern that we have not got cover at centre back and full back. I’m hoping that we get a couple of loans in during February. 
If not, I fear the worst. If that happens, it really will be unforgivable  

Aye.

I am concerned truthfully, losing the league from here will be absolutely infuriating aswell, fans will find it hard to swallow with this transfer window in mind. 

6 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Todorov has played centre half before in his career lol

😨 I remember Jim Leishman, experimenting with John Watson at centre half. He caused more havoc in our box than he ever did in the opposition's and the experiment was abandoned after 2 or 3 games. 😃

• Upvote 1

If we do lose the league and end up here another season, then we will have spectaculary f*cked up. We were told by both Cook and McPake that budget was available for bringing in players start of the season. The fact he didn't panic and worked with what he had seems to have worked given we're top of the league. However, like I said a few days ago, it's been evident we're scraping by in games, relying on a decent defence and a reslience due to team spirit to grind a win or a draw. This can't last all season given injuries, players losing form, other teams strengthening, etc. we're not good enough or do we have a big enough squad to cope with all that. Lack of goals and not strengthening can f*ck us up, and if it happens, both Cook and McPake will lose backing big style. I'm not for the club gambling on bringing in too many players with a limited budget, but neither am I for the gambling on being successful by not spending money on the squad. They had to get this balance right, and right now is the period where we had to make correct decisions to give ourselves the best chance of going up. I'm not panicking or deliberately being negative, I'm genuinely frustrated at not pushing on and seem to ne showing a lack of foresight and ambition. I just don't know.

What I didn't want to say, but I'll say it anyway, is, are the board drawing back and losing interest? Going down into this league and the inevitable slog may have tempered their enthusiasm. They obviously had Ross and now it's David Cook to run the club in their absence. We're seeing evidence of Cook and McPake doing their respective jobs, however there's been a distinct lack of noise and visibility from the Gmbh Fussball contingent this season. 

• Upvote 5

We're top of the league and things have been going well. If the owners had been front and centre they'd have been accused of stepping into the limelight when things are positive.

For some fans, everything is either great or the whole place is toxic. The owners can't win either way.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

What I didn't want to say, but I'll say it anyway, is, are the board drawing back and losing interest? Going down into this league and the inevitable slog may have tempered their enthusiasm. They obviously had Ross and now it's David Cook to run the club in their absence. We're seeing evidence of Cook and McPake doing their respective jobs, however there's been a distinct lack of noise and visibility from the Gmbh Fussball contingent this season. 

Have to say it appears that this is the case. On the face of it, we've regressed since they came on board (I accept the Covid period can't be counted, indeed they should be commended for proceeding at such an uncertain time) - we've appointed 2 terrible managers & got relegated to the 3rd tier. Whatever the reasons are, we've now failed to add to the squad when our main rivals have strengthened theirs. If we lose the league now, having been 7 points clear, it really is unforgivable & questions will rightly be asked of them.

We've not added to the squad - yet.  I think the time for recrimination is after the loan window closes.

I accept, however, that it's better to get players in sooner rather than later if possible but there is no point bringing in, for example, a centre back, at the end of January when you think there is a far better option who'll be available at the beginning of February.

The issue could be on Saturday though.  I hope it doesn't happen, but if we lose the first goal and Falkirk go ahead against Kelty, it might get a bit tense in the stands.

I accept we've done well so far this season. I think McPake is our most competent manager in an age. I'll be at the game on Saturday supporting the team as usual. The Board have backed the club with money, no question about that. The engagement with supporters has been good. The work in the community has been great, especially the Pars Foundation. I'll support all that. But I'm legitimately concerned about aspects of the team and our ability to maintain our momentum so we get out this league. Signs are there imo that the inevitable sticky patch is potentially upon us now. Counter measures include bringing in players, which the manager acknowledges as a necessity, however it hasn't happened (yet). If we fail to bring anyone in, then that's a problem that has been acknowledged by the supporters and the club. If we do fail to bring anyone in then there will be reasons for that, but to sum it up we'll have failed. That is what concerns me. The old saying "only as good as your last job" applies here, it's about continuing to grow and move forward. So let's get things sorted, roll up the sleeves and win this league. Get players in and beat Montrose this Saturday.

Bit early for the knicker wetters to be out in force considering we still have a full month to use the loan market, although not sure how many more we have left.  If nothing happens in the next 4 weeks then I will be seriously, seriously concerned.  Wee bit of straw clutching to end the post though, any chance that we have been waiting to unveil somebody and there has been paperwork or such to finalise?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Behind closed doors I would imagine McPake wont be happy with the lack of signings and no sign of this training ground being ready anytime soon. 

How do you reckon the players feel? 

Seen interviews from ex players etc and they spoke about taking an interest in the transfer windows, being worried of a rival strengthened, being worried at the calibre of there signings.