Jan transfer gossip

Superally

9 hours ago, GG Riva said:

😨 I remember Jim Leishman, experimenting with John Watson at centre half. He caused more havoc in our box than he ever did in the opposition's and the experiment was abandoned after 2 or 3 games. 😃

I played alongside Winker at centre back for half a season in his late 40's/early 50's and he strolled it. He also played there in the East of Scotland league for a couple of teams. 

4 hours ago, Digs said:

I played alongside Winker at centre back for half a season in his late 40's/early 50's and he strolled it. He also played there in the East of Scotland league for a couple of teams. 

Not surprised, Digs. With all due respect, he'd have been playing at a lower level when he played with you and his experience would have made up for his age, assuming he kept himself reasonably fit. The experiment happened when the Pars were pushing for promotion to the top flight. Tbf,  he'd never played at the back before and much of the "havoc" was caused by a lack of understanding with his fellow defenders, so you'd have two going for the same ball or leaving it to the other.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Yup. We ditched fan ownership and sold the name of our stadium for what? Well and truly duped. 

It’s not like the football side of things has got any better, in fact it’s went completely downhill. Off the field stuff such as training ground etc won’t be taking off either if no promotion 

Has the playing budget been reduced since the money from the centenary club goes to the academy?

I haven't seen any improvements around the club since our Hamburg based owners got involved. I was willing to give them time but you would think some of their plans would have started by now.

We have only signed one foreign player since they have been here and he came on the recommendation of Skerla. 

The Pars will be judged at the end of the season. If we fail to win the league and fail to strengthen, then the board and the manager will rightly come in for criticism. 

If we carry on as we are, then it will have been viewed as a smart move.

It's a toss of the coin, but one that may come up on our side?

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Raymie said:

The Pars will be judged at the end of the season. If we fail to win the league and fail to strengthen, then the board and the manager will rightly come in for criticism. 

If we carry on as we are, then it will have been viewed as a smart move.

It's a toss of the coin, but one that may come up on our side?

We were 7 points clear for goodness sake. It shouldn’t be a toss of a coin but that’s exactly what it is now.  The very fact we’ve let it become a coin toss is a disgrace .