Edinburgh v The Pars

Tartan Army Par

3 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Was really up for todays game tae. Not great getting a build up of games. Really could do with beating Edinburgh next week. I'm starting to take them seriously now.

So am I re Edinburgh. Although I think they are absolutely ****e and wasn’t impressed both times this season against us 

6 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

So am I re Edinburgh. Although I think they are absolutely ****e and wasn’t impressed both times this season against us 

Easiest game we’ve had was the away game there,  3-0, should have been more and we played an hour + at half pace.

Falkirk and QoTS have also made light work of them,  but the rest of the league seem to be unable to handle them, quite bizarre.

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

They usually win or get beat. They've lost 6 times half way through this season. Think they'll stay in the Play Offs. They have only had 2 draws to our 6. If we keep plugging away grinding out results, I think we could win the 3Rd division title. 

22 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

written off by many and described as the worst team we have seen and played against 

So where has it all gone right for them .. 42 goals in 20 games .. thats not a ****e team 

Maybury has them playing and believing .. would love to see them finish 2nd 

As pointed out previously, us Falkirk and queens have dealt with them with ease all season. They are just good at beating the rest of the ****e in the league. Both times against us It’s been pretty much 11 men behind the ball

3 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

As pointed out previously, us Falkirk and queens have dealt with them with ease all season. They are just good at beating the rest of the ****e in the league. Both times against us It’s been pretty much 11 men behind the ball

Point taken kelty .. hope it is as simple as that .. we will soon find out .. COYP 

• Upvote 1

The Pars once again are on the road and head over the bridge towards Edinburgh this Saturday. With Edinburgh now sitting a single point behind the Pars (albeit we have two games in hand) they have the points in the bag and have clearly taken advantage of the Pars missing out on games against Airdrie and Falkirk. In their last game coming from 2-0 behind and scoring 5 away from home Edinburgh have hit impressive form. They are a team that scores plenty of goals and currently they are the league’s highest scores with 42 thus far. Defensively they have the 7th best defence conceding 29 goals and have lost 6 games, drawn 2 and won 12. Recent form has been impressive mainly relating to their goal scoring where they have scored 13 in their past 4 matches. This has the potential to be a tricky game for the Pars against a team that is posing a genuine threat to the Pars title hopes - a defeat would see the Pars fall to 2nd place and two points behind in the table albeit with two games in hand. Previous outings has seen the Pars have a 100% record with two wins, firstly a 3-0 away win with goals from Mochrie and a McCann double and a 1-0 home win with a last minute OG. With the Pars missing out on two recent games due to weather It just depends on how ring rusty we may be against a team that spies an opportunity to be sitting top of the table. I suspect they won’t be as negative this time round. However, I feel the Pars have enough to edge a 2-1 win and remain top. COYP

• Upvote 3

You've talked them up a bit too much, Ally. 11 of their goals have come away to Airdrie with the help of a couple(?) of red cards. We've already beaten them home and away (admittedly with a red card in Edinburgh.) I feel we can make it a hat trick on Saturday with all our squad fit and rested. 

2-0 Pars. 🙂

On 02/01/2023 at 21:36, Raymie said:

I thought they were a decent enough side. We only managed a win thanks to a late own goal   
we can go there and win but we will need to play well 

They were awful the 1st game, second game they had everyman behind the ball and offered nothing at all.

We got a bit of luck with the goal, we are a bit more creative. Now iv said that we get beat no doubt.

As long as we are focused there's no reason we shouldn't do it. Open up a gap and we can take the pressure off a wee bit.