Edinburgh v The Pars

Tartan Army Par

5 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

We looking dead certs for the title now. Can't see us losing many more games. Falkirk have to keep winning every week, just to keep from the gap getting wider. If we beat them at EEP, I reckon that'll be the final nail in their coffin.

I wouldn't go that far, but today's result certainly makes the rearranged Falkirk game feel even more crucial. Win that and we're well on the way!

• Upvote 2

I still think Falkirk will be there with us at the end of the season. They're still capable of doing us. That 1st game this season at EEP they absolutely ragged us for 20 minutes, best football I've seen this season from anyone in this league. We got by at their stadium after that 1-0 win, but we were lucky being honest. They've also got rid of a few players last week and are pushing to bring players in. So, I think we'll win the league, but Falkirk will push us all the way.

We started well and really  should have been  at least 2 goals up after 5 mins but after that it was a more even affair.  Macdonald played well in first half and set up the goal for Wighton who apart from scoring really did very little. We had a couple of chances to extend the lead before half time but nothing came of them. 

Second half - good grief we were awful - we couldnt pass - worst offenders were Hamilton Chalmers and McCann. Todd constantly got into good positions wide on the left and then proceeded to deliver crosses yards behind our forwards really really poor combinations between him McCann and  Wighton.

I was really annoyed that we let Edinburgh string 10-15  passes together without getting near them. Not pretty to watch and zero entertainment. 

If I was to name a MoM it would have to be MacDonald or Edwards but overall not a good watch. 

Good win, if we didn’t win today after all those missed chances it would’ve been shocking. Good performance, grinding out wins is what’s needed sometimes and happy to get the 4 point gap back with 2 games in hand. Take 4 points out of 6 in the rearranged games and we’ll be doing very well. Still hopeful we can get an addition or two in the squad but overall happy enough COYP

On 07/01/2023 at 17:28, Lochalsh Par said:

That should have been a great deal easier. 16 shots with 6 on target shout have gotten at least 3 goals. The team are playing well and are pretty solid at the back. We just do not have a striker hitting the back of the net regularly. The strikers all work hard, make great plays and create goals for others. No problem with the effort and football ability just bulging the net more often with the chances created. We really should be further ahead and with a much larger GD given the quality of our play and chances made. That said a big well done for the season so far. COYP.

Strikers who "hit the back of the net regularly " normally play at a higher level than League 1. Just chill out and enjoy the fact that every other team in this league would love to have our stats. 🙂