Dundee v Pars

Superally

The Pars leave the league one battle and head towards Dundee and Dens Park on Tuesday 10th for the SPL Trust Trophy Cup. It will be interesting on a couple of levels. Firstly it will be a return for former Dundee Manager Jim McPake and secondly this will be a real test for the League 1 leaders to pitch themselves against a Championship team looking for a return to the Premiership. While the Pars comfortably dismissed Arbroath recently Dundee will offer a greater challenge. Currently Dundee sit 3rd in the table 4pts behind leaders Queens Park this season they have scored 33 goals but their defence is second best conceding 25 goals. Recent form matches their league position  however their last two games was a 4-2 defeat to Arbroath and 1-1 draw against Raith. It will be good to see the Pars test themselves against a Championship side but I don’t think we should fear Dundee and there is every chance we could progress. If you don’t fancy the trip north its on BBC Alba. COYP

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Will be watching the game on Alba but looking forward to see where this team is tbh.

We have a good squad that can compete in the championship so will see what happens👍

There may well be some rotation from both teams,  the acid test which I’m really looking forward too is Patrick away in a proper cup.

12 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

We are in league 1 and our manager is playing against the last team he managed… every cup game we play is a must win imo.

I want to win every game but this isn’t a proper cup and doesn’t deserve anything like the respect the Scottish cup has.  I will be making no effort to watch this, will only tune in if happen to be home before FT.  If it was a league game a strong chance I’d be at the ground and a near certainly I’d be watching on TV. 

This game is another chance to test ourselves against a Championship team to gauge how much we’ve improved since last season. I think that Dundee will give a much stiffer challenge than Arbroath, who’ve struggled this year.

The squad for tonight is quite thin with the 4 loanees unavailable. Hopefully we’ll give a good account of ourselves in the big televised match.

15 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Play the youth, fringe players 

A distraction. 

He won't do that, he hasn't done that in any of the previous rounds. He did give some of them a run out due to the unavailability of the loanees but we will start with a strong team.