Dundee v Pars

Superally

That second half was dreadful although a well taken goal by Wighton and neat set up by Tod. That was our strongest team yet  in the second half Dundee were streets ahead. I agree that particularly McCann and Mac Donald looked really tired and Edwards was way off the boil.

Positives : Breen played well and so did Sam Young. We are really short of options in defence and midfield. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Little, Fenton, Tod, Sutherland would be a start - anyone in fact, to avoid us sustaining an injury to an important player, that might prove detrimental to our chances of promotion. 

He's demonstrated all season that he doesn't really trust the young players to come in. I can't recall which game it was, but we were streets ahead and he didn't use all five subs - perhaps Forfar?

I agree that if we hadn't have been playing Dundee, then we might have seen a different line up?

A little reminder, if anyone needed it, that if we do go up, then next season is going to be more challenging. 11 goals conceded in 20 LG and we ship 4 last night.

On the flip side, two good goals scored and we made a decent fist of it for a good while.

Back on the horse and three points is imperative on Saturday

We also shipped only one goal away to the side 4th in the Championship on Saturday - in a game that actually meant something.

If we're going to get all defeatist about losing 4 last night and see it as a sign we'd struggle in the Championship, we should also be mindful that we hammered the team in 9th in that league six weeks ago.

I reckon our current side would neither get relegated nor promoted from the Championship. It's also irrelevant as our current side aren't in the Championship. 

And if we do go up this season, the team we have will be different by the start of next season.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

He's demonstrated all season that he doesn't really trust the young players to come in. I can't recall which game it was, but we were streets ahead and he didn't use all five subs - perhaps Forfar?

I agree that if we hadn't have been playing Dundee, then we might have seen a different line up?

A little reminder, if anyone needed it, that if we do go up, then next season is going to be more challenging. 11 goals conceded in 20 LG and we ship 4 last night.

On the flip side, two good goals scored and we made a decent fist of it for a good while.

Back on the horse and three points is imperative on Saturday

Aye, McPake gave a fairly clever answer about the quality of the group of young lads at the club at the supporters forum.  Pretty much that it’s far too early to tell if they were ready for the step up and that they were so young.  He added that when they are ready he’s play them as he did with the Dundee group when he was there.

Sam Young did well but there were occasions where you could see physically he’s just not ready for that level of football yet.  A couple of years of development and he may well be an excellent player.

let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet, we need to dispatch Clyde on Saturday and I think we really are 2 defenders short along with potentially a defensive midfielder.  Falkirk haven’t made their moves yet in the window in terms of players in, and they aren’t out this race yet.  

If that means Todorov is to be moved on in the window to make that happen, then so be it.

• Upvote 2

My personal approach to our season is to see the guys keep grinding out meaningful results in this league. If we then secure promotiom, we can speculate all summer long till the new season gets underway. The 2 games between us and Partick, us and Dundee could have seen us win either game on a different day.

• Upvote 2