Partick v Pars Scottish Cup

Superally

Its “Firhill for thrills” as the Pars head west to face Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup. After the disappointment of the postponement of the Dundee game in the SPFL Trust Trophy Cup the Pars have the opportunity to take on and still test themselves against higher league opposition in the Jags. Partick sit 4th in the table 7pts behind current leaders Queens Park. Over the season they have had a difficult start hindered with injuries but recent league form over six matches have them sitting second in the form table with 4 wins a draw and a defeat. Their last league outing was a 2-1 win against Morton. They are more prolific than the Pars being the second highest scores in the league with 42, but defensively they are still suspect and have conceded a hefty 36 goals. This will be a good test for the Pars and it offers a serious chance to progress as the Pars away form is much better than their home form. Some players may be cup tied but this is a Pars team that is playing with increased confidence and I suspect we have enough to nick it 2-1 and create a cup shock!. COYP

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Was thinking that myself - they've just tweeted about the game though, so I'm hoping that means they expect it to be on (at present):

Although, of course, that could have been scheduled a wee while ago.

Friday is to be 4/5 degrees and overnight 2/3 going into Saturday. Along with some rain that should soften the pitch up

Unless I'm missing it, I don't think there's a link to the ticketing for this match on COWS - so to save others searching, here's the link for Pars fans to buy from Partick.

Full info (from here)

Away Supporters

Dunfermline Athletic supporters will be situated in the Colin Weir Stand for this fixture.

Away fans can purchase their ticket for this cup game through one of the two methods below:

Purchase online here
Calling 0141 579 1971, selecting option 1

Away supporter ticket prices for this match are priced at:

• Adults – £20
  • Concessions (Over 65s, students, disabled supporter including carer, 16-18 year olds) £15
  • Under 16 – £5

Online ticket sales for Dunfermline Athletic fans will be available right up until kick-off.

There will be no provision available for physical in-person ticket sales for away supporters on matchday.

• Upvote 1

Hoping we throw caution to the (mibbae rain) wind tomorrow. We been poor for years in the Scottish Cup. Nothing to lose having a go at them. I'm sure Partick will see us as a potential banana skin, they won't want tae slide on their arses v us.  We due another defeat soon, so fingers x it's Dundee in the funny team Cup competition . Hopefully we give Partick a tough time the morra.

Edited by scottyboy

4 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think we will win this 1-0 or go through on penalties. The squad were practicing penalties at the end of training today..some were brutal😄 

There’s great confidence in the team now that McPak and backroom staff have installed and if the team starts positive we will win!

Hopefully won't come to the dreaded pens. 

46 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think we will win this 1-0 or go through on penalties. The squad were practicing penalties at the end of training today..some were brutal😄 

There’s great confidence in the team now that McPak and backroom staff have installed and if the team starts positive we will win!

Partick in the league above have all the pressure on them - especially in front of a home crowd. The only concern I have is that with Fisher leaving today I wonder if a lot of the pre match prep has involved him. However, I agree a 1-0 win or going through on Pens is very achievable.