Partick v Pars Scottish Cup

Superally

1 hour ago, Deutsch Par said:

I was reading on Twitter that we haven't won a game that has wentto extra time and/or penalties since Boreham Wood and I am sure that is correct.  Pretty disappointed that we don't seem to practice penalty taking.

Its hard to train for penalties, I always scored them in practice. Think I scored one of the four I took in games. 

Our record has always been awful, since supporting in 85. I can only think of Boreham Wood, Aberdeen, Livingston and Airdrie for penalty wins.

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

We've got the funny teams Cup coming up. Surely he'll rest up the players. 

I really hope so - having played 120 minutes, and with a much more important league game on Saturday it would be bordering on irresponsible to play the full team against Dundee. Especially with Benedictus seeming to pick up a knock yesterday.

At the very least, I'd rest Benedictus, Mehmet, Wighton, Chalmers, Hamilton, Mochrie, Edwards, and Comrie.

Not sure if that leaves us enough to field an XI right enough! :-)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

U18s, little and Todorov for the Dundee game 

Game time to the lesser used squad players. Hopefully our interest in this competition ends on Tuesday. Bigger/important games ahead,as we will be approaching the run in soon. Need to stay top and not get dragged into the Play Offs. 

21 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Great that we matched a Championship team but all things considered yesterday was about as bad a day as it realistically could’ve been. Players knackered and demoralised after 120 mins of football and the heartbreak of penalties. Out the cup with Falkirk going through ensuring the rearranged game won’t be a Saturday and giving Falkirk a potential money spinning tie to strengthen, while we get weaker. A truly dreadful day to be a Pars fan. The happy clappers will be leaping for joy that we looked ok without achieving anything though.

I don't doubt the players would have been "knackered and demoralised" straight after the game, Keyser, but you're doing them a disservice if you think they'll carry that forward into the next league game. I've been privileged to work with the players on a weekly basis for a number of years and mindset is a topic we always discuss during the school visits, as there's a great emphasis on it in the primary school curriculum. 

Their reply to how they cope with both individual and team setbacks and their reply is always the same:-

Come into training on Monday - look at the positives, discuss things individuals and the team could have done better, discuss how errors can be reduced or eradicated and then move on. Look forward to the next game and be determined to make amends. 

I will concede that the timing of our cup tie against Dundee is not ideal but both teams are in the same boat - knocked out on pens by a team in the league above, away from home. I wouldn't be at all surprised if both managers opt to start with many players who didn't feature at the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I don't doubt the players would have been "knackered and demoralised" straight after the game, Keyser, but you're doing them a disservice if you think they'll carry that forward into the next league game. I've been privileged to work with the players on a weekly basis for a number of years and mindset is a topic we always discuss during the school visits, as there's a great emphasis on it in the primary school curriculum. 

Their reply to how they cope with both individual and team setbacks and their reply is always the same:-

Come into training on Monday - look at the positives, discuss things individuals and the team could have done better, discuss how errors can be reduced or eradicated and then move on. Look forward to the next game and be determined to make amends. 

I will concede that the timing of our cup tie against Dundee is not ideal but both teams are in the same boat - knocked out on pens by a team in the league above, away from home. I wouldn't be at all surprised if both managers opt to start with many players who didn't feature at the weekend. 

I have no doubt the players will take a positive outlook from Saturdays game as we more than competed against a team in the Championship.

I think McPake will play a strong team on Tuesday....who doesn't want to beat the team that sacked you and knock them out the cup? 

Mehmet, Benedictus, Edwards, Hamilton and Wighton should all be sitting at home tomorrow night - regardless of whether Dundee can get the pitch playable or not.

McPake may well want to beat Dundee, but it doesn't matter, and we won't be playing their first team either given their position in the Championship and that they have also just played 120 minutes and lost a penalty shoot-out.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Mehmet, Benedictus, Edwards, Hamilton and Wighton should all be sitting at home tomorrow night - regardless of whether Dundee can get the pitch playable or not.

McPake may well want to beat Dundee, but it doesn't matter, and we won't be playing their first team either given their position in the Championship and that they have also just played 120 minutes and lost a penalty shoot-out.

Todd too he is getting flogged to death