The Bully Wee v The Pars

Superally

After the Pars last two games where we suffered rare double defeats against Championship teams in Cup competitions, Saturdays game presents a perfect opportunity to regain our focus and get back on track with league business. Subsequently, the Pars go west and face a Clyde team following their last week’s 0-1 defeat to Peterhead and who now prop up the League 1 table. Clyde with 22 games have earned just 10pts this season. In the process they have scored 24 goals but have conceded 47. Recent form reflects their league position losing seven of their last ten matches and managing only 3 points from draws. The Pars by any standard must consider this a banker for 3pts but they can’t allow complacency to creep in as our last outing at EEP was a 2-2 draw with the Pars coming from 2 down to earn a point with goals from two Benedictus penalties. It all depends on how the Pars react to back to back defeats and if player confidence has suffered. I believe this is an ideal game to return to league business and hopefully with no repeat of our last meeting the Pars have enough to focus on league action and earn another 3pts. COYP

Forgive my hit picking, S'Ally, but Thistle didn't actually beat us over 2 hrs. I don't think there's the slightest chance that the players will go out with the wrong attitude v Clyde. McPake will see to that. Besides, they'll have learned from that game at EEP, that they can't be underestimated, bottom of the league or not.

I don't see it as a "banker" 3 pts, but will be delighted with a narrow win. Most of the players who turned out v Thistle and Dundee will be on duty again. Some will be tired, others may be carrying knocks or both. 

I'll take a 1-0 or 2-1 win right now, thank you.

Football's all about opinions and their league position suggests Clyde are a poor side, I'll give you that, but their performance at EEP belied that. We needed 2 penalties to salvage a point, don't forget. 

I may have been a bit cavalier in my post further up, but I'm the Pars will treat them with due respect and go out and play in a professional manner. James McPake will ensure we don't underestimate them as there leads the road to disaster.. 😨

I was at the last game, away at Hamilton, we ragged them and should have been well out of sight instead of the narrow victory it actually was. At home we weren't great against them, however we won. I think we'll struggle again, but sneak a win, I'll be *****d off if we don't.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I was at the last game, away at Hamilton, we ragged them and should have been well out of sight instead of the narrow victory it actually was. At home we weren't great against them, however we won. I think we'll struggle again, but sneak a win, I'll be *****d off if we don't.

I think we comfortably beat them away, Piracy. 2-0. We certainly didn't beat them at EEP. We came back from 0-2 at HT to draw, thanks to 2 pens from Bene.

BPP. Saturday's game is away.

• Upvote 1