The Bully Wee v The Pars

Superally

One up front to a team bottom of the league. Negative set up and our strikers must be the worst in the Scottish leagues not one of them anticipated anything. Honestly wouldn’t mind trying to ship out 1/2 of them and bring someone else in. How many crosses flashed across today and not one of them are in the box ready for it

Poor result BUT we didn’t lose. It’s been a hard week for the team with matches playing opposition above us and they showed they can compete which is positive but a big clear out is needed to compete in the Championship week in/out.

We have a thread bare squad but it is what it is so the players have to step up every week.
McPake inherited a squad which was on its knees and has turned them around at this level… The club has lost a shed load of money getting relegated but the squad has done well and we still sit top of the league.

Back to full weeks training and match next weekend so let’s go again👍

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

True,  If we win the league by 3 points sure as **** nobody will be moaning about the dropped points against the bottom 2.

So we drop points between the bottom 2 sides… if we make these points up winning against the mid table sides then all will be good. Still top of the league and can’t see us dropping points tbh

15 hours ago, Al k said:

That is absolutely pathetic, our record against the bottom teams if frankly embaressing.

We should still be at least 7 in front, Falkirk right back in this with some good option in the squad now and scoring for fun.

We look the complete opposite, can't see anything positive about Jan from our point of view. 

I don't think iv ever been so angry about a game before. Bringing on McCann and Todorov looking for a goal just sums it up for me.

I hope you feel a bit less angry and more philosophical today, Al. There's another way of looking at this. Much has been made of the fact that we`ve dropped 6 pts to the 2 teams marooned at the bottom of the table - and quite rightly, too - but if we must drop points, it`s better to drop them to those teams than to our promotion rivals.

Our win in Grangemouth was massive. Imagine we had lost that game and won today. What would the gap between 1st and 2nd in the table be now?

Losing an early goal gave our opponents something to hang on to and just as we did at EEP, it allowed them to escape with a point. Statistically, only 20% of games are won by the team losing the opening goal.

41 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I hope you feel a bit less angry and more philosophical today, Al. There's another way of looking at this. Much has been made of the fact that we`ve dropped 6 pts to the 2 teams marooned at the bottom of the table - and quite rightly, too - but if we must drop points, it`s better to drop them to those teams than to our promotion rivals.

Our win in Grangemouth was massive. Imagine we had lost that game and won today. What would the gap between 1st and 2nd in the table be now?

Losing an early goal gave our opponents something to hang on to and just as we did at EEP, it allowed them to escape with a point. Statistically, only 20% of games are won by the team losing the opening goal.

Nope not at all. That was a massive boost for Falkirk yesterday, who are on a great run.

Once I expect, that the third time against the leagues cannon fodder. Lucky against Kelty, toothless against Clyde and QOTS.

I'm not confident we can do it against the other teams. The goal yesterday and a couple against Dundee were terrible. I don't Mehmet looked clever but the guys in front haven't helped themselves either.

Tiredness? we need bodies in. Wighton is our only striker, hes not a contestant goal scorer. If we lose a goal full stop we are unlikely to win. We can hardly score two goals in a game.

39 minutes ago, Al k said:

Nope not at all. That was a massive boost for Falkirk yesterday, who are on a great run.

Once I expect, that the third time against the leagues cannon fodder. Lucky against Kelty, toothless against Clyde and QOTS.

I'm not confident we can do it against the other teams. The goal yesterday and a couple against Dundee were terrible. I don't Mehmet looked clever but the guys in front haven't helped themselves either.

Tiredness? we need bodies in. Wighton is our only striker, hes not a contestant goal scorer. If we lose a goal full stop we are unlikely to win. We can hardly score two goals in a game.

We'll drop more points between now and the end of the season, but so will Falkirk. We still have a nice wee cushion. I'm sure they'd rather be 5 pts in front than behind. The 2 games coming up against them will be even more massive than the last. If we win both, we'll be as good as up. I'd take a share of the points, so they don't make up any ground on us.

No point in getting all wound up about a poor result - not good for your health mate. Every chance you'll feel a whole lot better next weekend after we beat Montrose and Kelty take points off the Scum. 🙂