The Bully Wee v The Pars

Superally

10 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Nobody's suggesting it was a good result or that the performance was anywhere near acceptable. We have scraped some results and been lucky in a few games, but we've been unlucky in others. I find it hard to be too critical of my team when they're 5 pts clear at the top. All that counts for me is to finish top, even if that is on GD. Once we're back in the Championship, we'll hopefully be able to add some quality to the squad and enjoy a better standard of football.

We can do better and we have done better this season and McPake would be the first to no doubt agree. I don't find it hard to be critical when it's deserved, yesterday it was deserved imo. Being frustrated at your team is allowed.

There are many positives with this team: team spirit is great, we're defensively solid, there's massive improved performances from the likes of Mehmet, Breen, Chalmers, Wighton, good supply of balls into the box, however we're not scoring enough. It's a fundamental weakness that could cost us as the second half of the season grinds on. McPake has said he won't chastise his front players but work with them to become more clinical in front of goal. I think that's the correct approach, but it's evident we've a lot more work to do upfront. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Piracy said:

We can do better and we have done better this season and McPake would be the first to no doubt agree. I don't find it hard to be critical when it's deserved, yesterday it was deserved imo. Being frustrated at your team is allowed.

There are many positives with this team: team spirit is great, we're defensively solid, there's massive improved performances from the likes of Mehmet, Breen, Chalmers, Wighton, good supply of balls into the box, however we're not scoring enough. It's a fundamental weakness that could cost us as the second half of the season grinds on. McPake has said he won't chastise his front players but work with them to become more clinical in front of goal. I think that's the correct approach, but it's evident we've a lot more work to do upfront. 

I think sometime we are too obsessed with getting crosses into the box, a bit of finesse sometimes wouldn't go amiss

• Upvote 2