The Pars v Montrose

Superally

Can’t be saying drop Mehmet or Chalmers without saying drop Benedictus too if we are going to talk about drops in form.  None has been so drastic a drop than Bene’s in the last 3 games.  The reason we can’t is because there is no other centre backs at the club.  

No doubt about it, our strength of our miserly defence has been cracked over the last wee while, but I’d like to think that’s more about the quality of opposition and amount of minutes played in that week than anything else.  

Here’s hoping for a fresh face or two today to help develop more options and confidence in the side.

8 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

No doubt about it, our strength of our miserly defence has been cracked over the last wee while

Against Dundee, maybe, but in our 4 other games so far this year we've only conceded twice - one against Clyde and one against Partick from the league above. I don't think it's a crisis yet.

16 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Against Dundee, maybe, but in our 4 other games so far this year we've only conceded twice - one against Clyde and one against Partick from the league above. I don't think it's a crisis yet.

Oh agreed not at crisis and maybe not clear enough that I was referring to the last 3 games in isolation.  If rumours about us going for Euan Murray that would fair be a boost!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I agree and I eluded to this in a earlier post, on a league basis we are still strong however the failure to progress in the cup comps against two higher teams in Partick and Dundee added to a poor draw against Clyde has given perhaps a slightly unfair perception that we are struggling. There always had to be a slight recalibration defensively after Fisher was recalled.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Superally said:

I agree and I eluded to this in a earlier post, on a league basis we are still strong however the failure to progress in the cup comps against two higher teams in Partick and Dundee added to a poor draw against Clyde has given perhaps a slightly unfair perception that we are struggling. There always had to be a slight recalibration defensively after Fisher was recalled.  

I think there’s probably a heathy dose of reality, and perhaps a concern about a loss of momentum - and a wee eye on our rivals who despite financial concerns, seem to have strengthened and their form is picking up.  As I say a couple of additions in this window will help.

21 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

That said, a wee search for Murray on Twitter has a lot of Hartlepool fans saying he's terrible!

I wouldn't trust the opinion of any player of any team on the planet if it was posted on twitter.

Except Andy Rodgers, that's all true.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Why did you have to swear? 😂

I was at the Haws v Syngenta 20's game on Friday night and he's the manager of Syngenta 20's. Getting gubbed 3-0 at HT, he subbed himself on 🤣

Keeping my thoughts to myself was not easy.

34 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Gordi keeps making offers to the Pars to scout German lower leagues. I'm not too sure that's something the club would take up, but I'd genuinely have expected Meggle to have done something on that front. Don't seem like it.

Was one of the things that had me excited when they took over was that he had a large scouting network. 

• Upvote 1