Airdrie v The Pars

Superally

I remember one of the Pars' fanzine took in a game or two at Euro 1996 and were enthusing about the Croatia team - all of them being comfortable on the ball, with all the wee flicks and tricks you could think of.  They described them as a joy to witness, like you were watching a team of 11 Marc Millars!

Great player, tons of ability.

28 minutes ago, Raymie said:

1996: Dunfermline 2 Airdrie 1 | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club (dafc.co.uk)

I recall that game well. I didn't get to many games in the 80s and 90s, as I was playing myself. I was in the Cowden end, behind the goals, as the place was rammed

I had a great view of Andy Smith's diving header in the first half and it seemed I was the first one to shout "it's in" when Marc Millar took his kick, as John Martin dived early and the wrong way.

Marc Millar was an excellent footballer, but I believe enjoyed himself a little too much off the park, and his full potential was never realised? He played his best football at EEP

Great memories.

Rhodes was keeper for Airdrie that day, I swear he gave Millar a nod and wink before the kick. 😂

18 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I stand corrected. Maybe he did? 

I expected Rhodes to probably save it, as that was his strong point in those days. Alex Mcdonald got the best out of his team back then, as they never lay down to anybody, especially in Cup games. The press dubbed them the Beastie Boys for their on field activities. Some things died with that club, but their fans stayed the same. Hope we take maximum points aff them.

12 hours ago, Superally said:

I'm enjoying the reflections of games past. However looking forward to Sat and from McPakes comments on COW's it appears that Breen is fit and hasi trained. I still think we need cover for this position though.

That's a massive relief,  tho as said It's clearly a position we need strengthened,   we often play with 6 defensive minded players and there's 6 senior ones at the club, that's cuttings things more than a bit fine.

Edited by parsforlife

15 minutes ago, Superally said:

Team news:

Mehmet

Comrie Benedictus Breen 

Edwards Hamilton Chalmers Todd McDonald

McCann Wighton

Bench: Little, O'Hara, Todorov, Mochrie, Otoo, Fenton, Ritchie-Hosler, Tod, Mahon

COYP 

Hopefully Otoo gets a bit action today, if he is good as everyone says. Priority, maximum points aff that lot today and next week.