Airdrie v The Pars

Superally

12 minutes ago, Superally said:

Wasnt at the game but would be interested to hear how Otoo got on today and possible MoM?  

He slotted in quite well. Not an easy situation to get chucked into and tbh it did look like he was initially affected by that but once he got used to the pace of the game he did most things right.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He slotted in quite well. Not an easy situation to get chucked into and tbh it did look like he was initially affected by that but once he got used to the pace of the game he did most things right.

That was some tactical switch by McPake.  Considering some of the managers we’ve had in the past decade, he’s one who I have confidence in that he will make the bold brave changes, and today proved that.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

That was some tactical switch by McPake.  Considering some of the managers we’ve had in the past decade, he’s one who I have confidence in that he will make the bold brave changes, and today proved that.  

Certainly bold, swapping out your centre midfield after 32m is defo making a statement. I'll admit I had a WTF moment and wondered if the 3rd goal was a consequence. However, credit must go to the team and the management for making the changes and probably gave the "keyboard managers" a slap in the  puss for thinking they know better. I said the midweek result for Alloa v Falkirk was perhaps a game changer for us, but I think most non Pars fans will look at this result as potentially being the league winning result. We have come back from a losing position in a few games now but I didn't think at 3-0 we would manage it this time. I underestimated the team and the spirit behind them. Absolutely brilliant result. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

A Falkirk fan on PnB was saying that they have been behind in 11 games, and from those they've managed 13 points but lost 4 of the games. 

We've been behind in 9 games, managed 12 points but only lost 1 match.

When was the last time we could say that about a pars team. Some stat.

Great win today and coming back from 3-0 down was unbelievable.

McPake and his management team made the right decisions at the right time. Massive credit to the players never giving up and that’s a massive result.

Airdrie can play good football and pressed us well winning balls in midfield BUT their manager never really changed shape etc after going a man down and you could see a few of their players looking lost playing a man down and McPake took advantage of this. Our new loan from Celtic was great when he came on with confidence on the ball and presence. 
I have no doubt we will be promoted as said  before but even to maintain mid table a clear out of that squad is needed with at least 8 players going imo. 
But what a great day and take it onto next week!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Superally said:

Incredibly honest and impressive post match report from the Manager on COWS worth a look

Manager post Airdrieonians | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club (dafc.co.uk)

Watching the highlights, we didn't look anything like as bad as he was saying, at least until Airdrie's opener. We made a fair few chances and I thought Wighton's disallowed goal looked ok.