The Pars v Airdrie (Part 2)

Superally

Well this Saturday brings in the second part of this intriguing double header the only difference being that it takes place at East End Park. Despite a remarkable four goal comeback there is no denying that the Pars shipped 3 goals in the process. Pretty significant in terms of league action as previously the most we had conceded was two goals on three occasions to Montrose, Clyde and Peterhead. McPake was forced into making dramatic changes from the 32nd minute replacing his central midfield and making an additional 3 subs during the game. Of the substitutions Mahon proved he wasn’t a forgotten man, Otoo impressed on his Pars debut and Todorov always seems to grab a goal when needed. However, it will take a brave man to second guess how McPake will shape his Pars team for this encounter. A lot will depend on how Airdrie will react, there were times where they did put us to the sword and they will miss top scorer Calum Smith. It would be a major risk if we underestimate them. I think McPake will be fully prepared for another tight but hopefully less dramatic encounter. The Pars should be full of confidence and will know what’s in front of them this time round, 2-1 home win. COYP

40 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

We conceded 20% of our total league goals against this season in yesterday's game, mental.

One things for sure about Saturday, if we're 3-0 up, I won't be feeling safe!

Just had a look at the tables the only senior team that has conceded less is Newcastle with 13. All told its quite a remarkable achievement   

34 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

need a back 4 for this game id go 4-3-3

---------------mehmet

Comrie----bene-------Otoo-----edwards

Mochrie------Hamilton-----Todd

Mahon-------Wighton------Mcann

Hard to second guess the manager but that team wouldn’t work. Not enough defensively minded players. 

22 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Hard to second guess the manager but that team wouldn’t work. Not enough defensively minded players. 

we started with more Defensive minded player on Saturday and that definitely didnt work, sometimes its about having the right shape, keeping the ball  and composure

I think this is by far the biggest headache mcpake has had all season on how to set up.  On one hand he needs to address how easily airdrie opened us up but on the other he needs to consider the threat that our attacking players, especially the direct running of mochrie and Mahon caused them.

for me 

mehmet

comrie Bene Breen edwards

Otoo Hamilton 

Mahon.   Todd .  McCann   

Wighton 

Could easily argue for KRH,  mochrie, O’Hara and Todorov to be part of the attacking line up 

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think this is by far the biggest headache mcpake has had all season on how to set up.  On one hand he needs to address how easily airdrie opened us up but on the other he needs to consider the threat that our attacking players, especially the direct running of mochrie and Mahon caused them.

for me 

mehmet

comrie Bene Breen edwards

Otoo Hamilton 

Mahon.   Todd .  McCann   

Wighton 

Could easily argue for KRH,  mochrie, O’Hara and Todorov to be part of the attacking line up 

hmmm Otoo wasn't great when he was in Midfield 

2-0 Pars. We created plenty even at 0-0 when we were rotten and that will have had a big effect on them psychologically I reckon. McCabe was talking them up (as you'd expect) before the game and how they would be right back in the title race etc etc We really burst their bubble with what happened.

Won't be easy but I really don't expect us to get the runaround two games in a row from them. I think whoever won on Saturday was always going into this Saturday's game in the strongest position with the least pressure.

26 minutes ago, Digs said:

2-0 Pars. We created plenty even at 0-0 when we were rotten and that will have had a big effect on them psychologically I reckon. McCabe was talking them up (as you'd expect) before the game and how they would be right back in the title race etc etc We really burst their bubble with what happened.

Won't be easy but I really don't expect us to get the runaround two games in a row from them. I think whoever won on Saturday was always going into this Saturday's game in the strongest position with the least pressure.

Mccabe said that they planned for us funnelling all play wide to get crosses in the box and they could deal with that, we changed things in the 2nd half and if you notice only 1 goal came from a cross, perhaps we have became too predicable?

7 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

Mccabe said that they planned for us funnelling all play wide to get crosses in the box and they could deal with that, we changed things in the 2nd half and if you notice only 1 goal came from a cross, perhaps we have became too predicable?

I don't think it's a matter of being predictable. It's one thing a team picking up on your style but dealing with it is another.

Our record suggests few teams have been able to cope with it thus far. I don't think too much will change in terms of how we play, other than formation. We always look to get the ball wide and overlap, with Matty Todd creating space with his runs, McPake has been quite open about that. Middle of the park was where we lost the plot defensively on Saturday from what I could tell.