The Pars v Airdrie (Part 2)

Superally

A disappointing game today and a draw was probably a fair result but we won’t get a better chance to win a game than a late penalty.

I think having Mochrie, Mahon and Ritchie-Hosler in the same starting 11 may be a bit too inexperienced, especially at the defensive side of the game.

We are still top with a 5 point lead and 9 other teams in this league would swap with us at the drop of a hat.

• Upvote 2

thought the initial lineup was a bit of a gamble and frankly it didn't work. Mochrie, KRH and Mahon was probably too adventurous and we allowed Airdrie to gain advantage although I don't think they were that good . I thought the first half was 50/50 but Airdrie scored from a well worked goal and perhaps slightly edged the lead. I'll admit to being disappointed as we never seemed to take advantage from our last meeting and had the impression that given our play it was us who had been defeated last weekend. thought with the subs we were better in the second and an equaliser was inevitable. Benes penalty was poor, very poor and we slipped two points as a consequence. You have to question why we were so negative in the first half and the in the second we were largely dominant.  Overall Wighton was far too isolated in the first and the defence was too nervy. Breen didn't play well and Bene look as is if he was not fully fit. Not our best weekend but at least we saved a point.                  

• Upvote 2

The starting line-up yesterday was probably a bit of an overreaction to last weeks first half then comeback. If anything positive comes out of it is that it's pretty clear there are 3 our 4 of our squad who shouldn't start but are pretty handy to come off the bench. 

And, dare I say it, we need Chalmers in the team.

Edited by da_no_1

19 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The starting line-up yesterday was probably a bit of an overreaction to last weeks first half then comeback. If anything positive comes out of it is that it's pretty clear there are 3 our 4 of our squad who shouldn't start but are pretty handy to come off the bench. 

And, dare I say it, we need Chalmers in the team.

those 3/4 your talking about didnt start last week and we were even worse in the first half😀 so bad he had to make changes after 30 mins.

could it be that Airdrie are the 3rd best team in the league and just caused us problem over the 2 game? 4pts is probably a good haul.

• Upvote 3

We really didn't do ourselves any favours yesterday. A draw was a fair result, or maybe not.

We can't seem to get the timing right for getting the ball to Hosler. He seems to be short of getting to any intended ball. Wighton out on the wing for a lot of the game. That was about all I have to remark on. I don't think we lacked application, we were just ****e.

24 minutes ago, Piracy said:

We really didn't do ourselves any favours yesterday. A draw was a fair result, or maybe not.

We can't seem to get the timing right for getting the ball to Hosler. He seems to be short of getting to any intended ball. Wighton out on the wing for a lot of the game. That was about all I have to remark on. I don't think we lacked application, we were just ****e.

I defiantly wouldn't say we we ****e,  slightly below standard yes,  but there's quite a number of stages between absolutely brilliant and ****e,  and given what we saw last year its hard to say that yesterday was close to the bottom end of that. 

On the balls out to KRH, I agree,  I think there was a slight bit of playing on different wavelengths to it,  We often looked to play the precision through ball which never mind timing we didn't execute either when KRH was waiting for the ball into feet and backing himself 1 on 1.  We did eventually start doing that with some success but slightly too late to really make it count.

Edited by parsforlife

To be clear, I said we were ****e, meaning ****e, specifically yesterday. We can do better, have been better, and need to be better. Airdrie are a good attacking team, probably the best in this league, therefore I'm content with 4 points over the 2 games. I just think there's a wee bit loss of form starting to show, it's a tough run in.

33 minutes ago, Piracy said:

To be clear, I said we were ****e, meaning ****e, specifically yesterday. We can do better, have been better, and need to be better. Airdrie are a good attacking team, probably the best in this league, therefore I'm content with 4 points over the 2 games. I just think there's a wee bit loss of form starting to show, it's a tough run in.

Small loss of form perhaps, but 14 points from the last 6 games is hardly a bad return.   We have been at over 2 points a game the entire season and unless you want to count form as just one game there is no number you can come up with where we haven't achieved that.  72 points is enough to win the league in all but 3 seasons since 3 points for a win nearly 30 years ago,  to achieve that we can afford to drop to less than 1.6 for the rest of the season.   

I agree we can do better and have been better than yesterday,  but we can't expect top form every week and the odd 6/7 out of 10 that gets you a draw and a good chance of a win is absolutely no issue at this stage.     Sure if we suddenly mixed that with 3/4 out of 10 some weeks we could be vulnerable,  but we haven't put in a single one of those under Mcpake and the odd 8/10 mixed in will be more than enough. 

There's a reason we are top and a reason bookies placing us heavily odds on to win it.

Edited by parsforlife