The Pars v Airdrie (Part 2)

Superally

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

We can't seem to get the timing right for getting the ball to Hosler. He seems to be short of getting to any intended ball. 

Happened a few times yesterday, but I didn't really think it was a timing thing, the passes to him were just badly executed. Hit too short and poorly aimed.

That one when we had a throw in at the dugout was horrible, as it was quite a nice wee move only to see it ruined by sloppiness.

Thought KRH looks good out on the right and his crosses looked really dangerous. Would be very happy to see him continue there.

• Upvote 1

He is often caught on the wrong side or level with his man. That’s ok if you have terrific pace and can recover, but he doesn’t. It’s often the reason you see him having to lunge in to make recovery or last ditch tackles. 
He is less exposed when playing in a three and the opposition have only one up top 

He and Mehmet are often not on the same wavelength. There were two times when it happened yesterday. On one occasion, we unbelievably got a free kick out of it 

Edited by Raymie

If J mcP does not know his best starting 11 by now then I am starting to worry about him .. This is not the time for experiments .. Just get the best 11 on at the  start then make changes if necessary  .. Chalmers for me first name on the team sheet .. Big big game against the Bairns 8 clear or 2 clear .. COYP !!

5 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

The best XI to play Peterhead at EEP is likely different to the best XI to tackle Falkirk at Grangemouth.

I wonder if McPake is worried that some fans don't see that despite watching football for many years?

Can see where you are coming from DA -go .. but I don't think it is quite as simple as that .. 

No, it's a great deal more complicated than that. It's not when you're Barcelona in 2010 but it is when you're the Pars.

He's got lots of players of a similar standard, some on loan, some ours, some experienced, some inexperienced, one whose just in the door - and yesterday the quandary of needing to change a winning team as the starting line-up was getting a seeing too from the same opposition who were rocking up to play us again.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, buspasspar said:

If J mcP does not know his best starting 11 by now 

I would be massively worried if we had a manager who thought they could take the same approach every week. That’s not how you approach management, approaching a match  choosing a team and tactics appropriately for each particular match is essential. 

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

McPake should have had Otoo and Todorov in the starting 11. Otoo was brilliant when he moved to centre back vs Airdrie in the first game. Todorov should be on from the start vs QOS after scoring another goal from the bench.

Todorov is a man down when he starts, cant link play, hopeless with the ball at his feet. Impact sub for me

1 hour ago, Par_fect said:

Todorov is a man down when he starts, cant link play, hopeless with the ball at his feet. Impact sub for me

I agree with that, having now watched the whole game on sat if KRH plays where he should that's exactly who you want upfront to get on the end of it. Don't ask him to do anything else tho.

I hadn't saw anything of note from KRH but i think he has always been in the middle where he is wasted. That was a cracking cross for Todorov on Sat. 

The biggest frustration from sat was players in the wrong positions that put us on the back foot form the off, i thought it was a good selection but why were Mochrie and KRH playing in each other roles? 

I know the manager had said KRH wanted to play more in the centre but the difference with him in the 2nd half playing on the wing. Some of the passing was brutal throughout the game, looking back if you told me we would get 4 points against Airdrie having been 3 down with 30 minutes to go in one of the games i'd have bit your hand off. 

Some of theses draws do feel like defeats, still seem to be doing this square pegs in round holes with some of the selections.

Saturdays a big one for me, QOTS are shipping goals we really need to be on from the off, our record against the bottom end teams is our doing. Can't keep giving teams a goal start and then making massive changes because the shapes all wrong or players are in the wrong positions to start with. 

Edited by Al k
Foggy covid brain Spanglish