McPake

Keyser Soze

I think his name will be brought up a lot as he has done a great job. Do you leave a team on the up to go to a job where you have to keep up a team really struggling that might end up in the championship anyway? McPake will also have a chance to bring in his own players when we secure promotion etc.

The only thing would probably be if Motherwell were willing to pay him a lot of dosh as money talks in football these days.

I'd be surprised if McPake's name didn't appear on Motherwell's shortlist of potential new managers, however I would be surprised if he did leave, should they make an approach?

Right now, he is in pole position in the league, with a decent club and would appear to have a good relationship with players, staff and fans?

It's almost certain that there will be managerial vacancies at a few clubs in the summer and, assuming the Pars go on and win the league, his stock will have risen some more and he may have choices to make then?

In summary, I don't see any advantage in leaving now, unless he feels we won't win the league?

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'd be surprised if McPake's name didn't appear on Motherwell's shortlist of potential new managers, however I would be surprised if he did leave, should they make an approach?

Right now, he is in pole position in the league, with a decent club and would appear to have a good relationship with players, staff and fans?

It's almost certain that there will be managerial vacancies at a few clubs in the summer and, assuming the Pars go on and win the league, his stock will have risen some more and he may have choices to make then?

In summary, I don't see any advantage in leaving now, unless he feels we won't win the league?

How much do you reckon his stock will rise if he wins the third tier of Scottish football with the biggest budget? 

I can see one huge advantage in leaving now. Trebling his wage would be a pretty big advantage in my books. 

Just now, Keyser Soze said:

How much do you reckon his stock will rise if he wins the third tier of Scottish football with the biggest budget? 

I can see one huge advantage in leaving now. Trebling his wage would be a pretty big advantage in my books. 

Pretty sure falkirk have spent more than us

17 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Mcpake has been in senior football, as a player and manager, at a good level for almost 20 years now.

He's not a multi-millionaire, but would imagine he is comfortably well off, so I don't think money will be the main factor in any decision he makes, now or in the future?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Par_fect said:

cant see it

Neither can I - for different reasons......

As much as a tiny minority of Pars fans would like it to happen & completely de-rail our title hopes for some weird reason, Motherwell will not be appointing James McPake as their next manager and that's no reflection on how good a job he's doing or his talents as a manager.

We seem to be onto a good thing here. Let's hope nothing gets in the way of getting out this division.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Mcpake has been in senior football, as a player and manager, at a good level for almost 20 years now.

He's not a multi-millionaire, but would imagine he is comfortably well off, so I don't think money will be the main factor in any decision he makes, now or in the future?

Are you new to the game of football? I’m certain Ronaldo is likely at least comfortably well off, what do you think his motivation was for moving to the Middle East? Or the players who have transferred to China? Players who are well of move ALL THE TIME for money. I’m sorry but your statement was absurd. 

28 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Are you new to the game of football? I’m certain Ronaldo is likely at least comfortably well off, what do you think his motivation was for moving to the Middle East? Or the players who have transferred to China? Players who are well of move ALL THE TIME for money. I’m sorry but your statement was absurd. 

Aye, you are right. In hindsight, just ignore what I wrote. It's a lot of horse****

• Upvote 1