McPake

Keyser Soze

Are we going to speculate whether our manager will be away, every time a vacancy at a higher ranking Scottish club crops up?

There must be a good chance we'll be playing the Arabs in the Championship next season. 🤔 Come to think of it, that could be a decent league next season if we go up and Falkirk join us. We could also have both Dundee clubs and the wee team...... 🙂

On 02/03/2023 at 00:07, da_no_1 said:

It's a gamble but I like him as a manager. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes at Aberdeen 

I think Goodwin demonstrated he's a good manager at Alloa and St Mirren. He (or someone else) made some poor signings at Aberdeen.

No manager is going to get everything right all the time. AJ was a very good manager for the Pars when he was first appointed. He worked very hard to be a success, often travelling the country to midweek games, to scout new players. He would never sign anyone on a recommendation, but had to see them play for himself. That's fine for assessing their ability, but not their character and attitude. When SC replaced AJ,  he told us at a supporters meeting that he'd never encountered a playing squad in which so many players had a poor attitude.

That ultimately cost AJ his job. Perhaps it was a similar situation for Goodwin.

• Upvote 1

Have to say I quite like McPakes style thus far. However any tenure will depend on success and he has done well in turning the cub around and maintaining it's position at the top of the table. If opportunity comes it will be based on success and ultimately promotion at the end of the season. COYP  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I feel confident that he will still be with us next season. There might even be a wee bonus for him and Dave Mackay if we are promoted. 

I think a lot will depend on if he gets things like the Training Ground sorted, Training on rubbish astro this season is far from Ideal