McPake

Keyser Soze

James McPake's anger is perfectly understandable, to put such a comment on social media is beyond idiotic and because there are lots of similarly brainless comments, doesn't make it remotely acceptable.

However..... I can't help thinking it might have been better for McPake to have resisted that immediate urge to reply and left it to others on Twitter to condemn the numpty responsible. Easier said than done, I know. I have every sympathy for James, he's still a young man himself, but sometimes when you're in the public eye you have to keep your cool and bite your tongue, otherwise you risk being dragged down to the same level as the morons you're reacting to. If the lad in question is only 16, I'd cut him a bit of slack on this occasion and hope he's learned his lesson. Ironically, if he has, it's only because McPake reacted so angrily to his post. I'm sure there are those who go on Twitter and make comments designed to rile well known people and take great delight when they are successful in provoking an angry reaction.

Although I'm on Twitter myself, I rarely use it. I'm curious as to how I would know or find any comments about me. Would it need someone I know to tip me off?

• Upvote 2

McPake's anger is understandable, but agree that he'd have been better leaving it.

Dumb thing for the fan to say, but definitely out of ignorance rather than malice - we've all heard the "must have compromising photos" joke, and this is just a variant of that. Just unfortunate that the circumstances of JMP's young family make it a lot creepier than it was likely intended.

Disappointing to see the pile on on Twitter of people absolutely castigating the lad though, no need for that. I think he's made the right call to stay off Twitter for a bit and I hope he's back soon, as it's usually a pretty funny account. I've no doubt he's feeling stupid now, but it'll pass.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Piracy said:

No they won't. Don't know where you got nonsense from.

9 hours ago, DougieDave said:

You really take the fishing too far too often……. 

Assuming you don’t know what happened at the Garvock then? Might be worth getting all the facts before jumping in headfirst making a fool of yourselves eh 

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Assuming you don’t know what happened at the Garvock then? Might be worth getting all the facts before jumping in headfirst making a fool of yourselves eh 

Is this the Dinner they had after the game by any chance? , common then what Happened ? 

22 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Although I'm on Twitter myself, I rarely use it. I'm curious as to how I would know or find any comments about me. Would it need someone I know to tip me off?

If you were tagged in it you would recieve a notification. However McPake wasn't, I'd say what has likely happened is McPake has searched his own name. 

I'm really confused & trust me, I'm not bullying you or abusing you, I'm genuinely interested.

What has McPake done that has so upset you, Keyser? We are well clear at the top of the league, having recently beaten our nearest rivals at home, but it still doesn't seem to be good enough for you. Is it the club in general or the people running it? What is it that seems to make you post negative comments on here repeatedly?

I really don't think it's fishing. It'd be really sad, almost pathetic if it was. 

Please enlighten me.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I could answer the above in detail but given the poster above has repeatedly stated I’m on ignore he/she won’t see it so hardly any point.

My advise to you KS is dont be so thin skinned and dont take things so personally, take a step back from the internet if you need to