Pars v Falkirk

Superally

24 minutes ago, Digs said:

They can moan all they like, it was given and that's all that counts. Much like when Hippolyte did a somersault with pike over Murdoch to win a penalty when Murdoch made a clear save. It's swings and roundabouts. 

Also the corner that never was for the equalizer when they came back from two down in 2000 at EEP. 

It's Fife conspiracy..... 

• Upvote 1

Realised he has a higher res version so looked at it again and I still don't think it was in at the point above:

image.thumb.jpeg.079f9e009ae614fee36200f379eb51ad.jpeg

However...

image.thumb.png.3d06b11c0ecb1b55ad33cd2518857b67.png

This is after he falls on it, and these are consecutive frames - note the yellow area between his legs in the pic on the right. That's the ball being pushed outward. Note that in the frame before it (on the left) it's not visible, or possibly a sliver of it (doesn't help that his shorts are that colour!)

I think it may have been over the line there, though I doubt the linesman could have seen it from his angle. So, he may have got the right decision, but by accident!

Also, if that's right, then it's probably technically an own goal :-)

I think when you take in the angle its over. I also thought the linesman had a good clear view just before the keeper blocked it. 

Human eye will always have far better resolution than that video, he was right along that line. I'm fairly confident it's a goal but it's always going to be if's and but's. 

• Like 1

No matter what the angle is, he clearly falls behind the line, on the ball and then pulls it into his chest instinctively, then immediately pushes it back out again when he realises where he is. Wighton claimed as soon as he pulls it in. 

The fact he wasn;t complaining tells it's own story and the fact the behind the goals footage is being used as conclusive proof of the Pro-Fife Agenda (whatever that is) is frankly laughable on all counts since you can't even see the ball from that angle. 

Also, the final 2 mins of that video are pretty funny. 

• Upvote 1