New Signing

Digs

43 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

On the one hand could be a very good signing for this level. On the other hand if you have morals and realise this is just a sport then you can understand why people would be upset by the signing. 

I think the number of people that would be upset might be relatively small, however, I hear what you are saying but, presumably, he's been punished for his misdemeanours and one would like to hope, he has learned some lessons?

I know there is still an alleged gambling charge hanging over him. He wouldn't be the first footballer to get caught up in something like that and again, if guilty, he will rightly be punished?

The manager and CEO will have been aware of his off the field activities and will no doubt have spoken to him and must have felt satisfied with what he had to say?

For anyone wondering, it's Paul McGowan - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McGowan_(footballer)

And for anyone wondering (as I was), here's the controversial bit. Not totally sure how he's avoided a prison sentence after a number of second chances. Let's hope he's put all that nonsense behind him. The last incident was 5 years ago, so hopefully he has.

4 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

For anyone wondering, it's Paul McGowan - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McGowan_(footballer)

And for anyone wondering (as I was), here's the controversial bit. Not totally sure how he's avoided a prison sentence after a number of second chances. Let's hope he's put all that nonsense behind him. The last incident was 5 years ago, so hopefully he has.

He was arrested a few months back for betting allegations.

• Upvote 1