Peterhead v The Pars

Superally

The day after the night before, and what a night that was - a potentially title winning performance, but make no doubt its back to reality on Sat with an away visit to Balmoor Stadium to face Peterhead. We all far to0 clearly remember what Peterhead can do to the Pars if they lose their focus – losing two late goals to earn a draw at EEP and two dropped points. Subsequent games have proved more fruitful however, with a following 2-0 win and later a 4-0 Pars win. As we head into the last quarter The Pars have scored more goals (8) against Peterhead than any other team but we did concede the fateful two on the opening encounter allowing the Pars to earn 7pts from the Blue Toon this season. After the Falkirk game the Pars now sit comfortably at the top of the form table and should face the game with a degree of confidence. Peterhead are at the bottom losing 4 of their last 6 games and also sit at the bottom of League 1 with 12 pts in total. Their last outing was a 5-0 thrashing against Falkirk with a host of goals coming late into the match. The form guide says this is a banker for you to chuck your mortgage at it however we all know the bitter experience of what it’s like to be stung at the end. The Pars will win comfortably only if they focus on the job and don’t become complacent. A strong away support will see a 3-0 Pars win. COYP.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Strangely, we've not won more than 3 league games on the bounce this season.  

We're currently on a 3 game winning streak again.  I'm sure the management won't let any complacency set in.

I'm sure the odd point will be dropped over the remainder of our league games and maybe even a defeat before the title is officially ours. Falkirk won’t win their next 9 games again, they need to concentrate on the Cup.  I reckon they'll give Ayr a good game. Defeat against them will deflate them even more.  I Imagine if they fail in the Play Offs. It will be their annus horribilis. 

Edited by scottyboy
Airdrie v Falkirk in a Play Off. Who would you have a soft spot for?