Gary Lineker & MOTD

Superally

Its developing into quite a rammy with Gary Lineker being told to step back from presenting Match of the Day over impartiality and the fact it he told some Tories real life truths they didn't want to hear from a established public figure.  The fact he is not a journalist or presenting a news programme and made comments from his own twitter account has made no difference. I'm not a big fan of Lineker but I fully support him in this matter. It was also in 30's Germany the government also attempted to control the media and with Boris pal as installed as BBC Chairman any impartiality is conveniently obscured. Well done also to Alan Shearer and Iain Wright for refusing to appear on MOTD in solidarity          

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

No presenters or pundits will feature on Saturday's Match of the Day programme, a BBC spokesperson says.

Saturday's Match of the Day programme will "focus on match action without studio presentation or punditry", they say.

I'm hoping the editors are next to pull out. And the camera people.

It's hard to image how the BBC could have handled this any worse tbh.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, buspasspar said:

No presenters or pundits will feature on Saturday's Match of the Day programme, a BBC spokesperson says.

Saturday's Match of the Day programme will "focus on match action without studio presentation or punditry", they say.

😂😂😂 That is ludicrous. Surely they must realize what an absolute James Hunt they’ve made of this. 

I’ve seen the phrase ‘Woke left BBC’ used loads, especially recently and it blows my mind how anyone can come to that conclusion unless they don’t know who is charge, who appointed them and how it came about and then what has happened since. They are clearly not anything close to being a left wing, or impartial organization. 

• Upvote 3