SFA trying to save Falkirk?

SanguinePar

9 hours ago, Raymie said:

I can’t imagine there has been a team that has had an easier draw 

Harry Melrose once told me that when the Pars first won the cup, in 1961, they drew the poorest team left in every round, right up to the final. No idea how accurate his opinion was, or whether he was deliberately playing down the Pars historic achievement. 

5 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

We beat Aberdeen 3 6 away in the  3rd round, no way can that be true. Brechin Hamilton, Forfar and Raith were all still in it.

St Mirren beat 3rd Lanark 0-8 in a replay too.

Aye, Harry was maybe havering, EEP, but that's what he said. He might even have repeated that in one of these in-house interviews with former players. Aberdeen were a poor team back then, tbf. The previous season they won at Ibrox in the last game of the season, to narrowly avoid relegation. Rangers were top going into that last game, needing a point to be champions. Hearts, who were a point behind in second, failed to capitalise on Rangers slip, going down to Celtic at Tynecastle. I bet the Celtic fans were greeting all the way home. 😃