The Pars v Kelty Hearts

Superally

The title race is getting closer and closer and last week the Pars came away with a valuable away victory at Montrose who remain the only team to beat us this season. The Pars were professional and clinical in dispatching the Gable Endies and the same application is required when the Pars face Kelty Hearts at EEP this Saturday. With two wins and a draw this will be another tough encounter and McPake stated at a recent meet the manager event that Kelty Hearts were the team that caused the Pars the most problems this season. The last encounter the Pars had to come from behind on Xmas Eve to win 2-1 with an OG from O’Ware and an 86th winner at the death from McCann. Kelty last weekend stifled Falkirk with a 0-0 draw and with any derby game it can promise to be another difficult game. Currently Kelty sit 8th in the table and are virtually safe from a relegation play off place being 19pts ahead of Clyde. Recent form over 6 matches has seen one win, two draws and 3 defeats. The bigger pitch at EEP should see the Pars play a more expansive game, but with injuries to Breen I would expect a similar defensive line up. Tod may make it back but I suspect he will be warming the bench at best. The Pars should have enough to avoid an April Fools disaster and earn another valuable 3pts with a 2-0 win. COYP

• Upvote 2

A good match preview, as always from S'Ally, but I have to take issue with the opening sentence, in which he states that the title race is getting closer.

If the number of games remaining is getting smaller and the points gap between the Pars and Falkirk is widening, how did he come to that conclusion? 🤔

• Upvote 1

On 27/03/2023 at 08:43, GG Riva said:

I've a mate who puts a fiver on 3-1 Pars before every home game. Says he makes a small profit.

Used to do that with 2-1 when they had the old Watson's bookies in the Norrie. Always made money.

At best Kelty can hope for a draw. They are scraping points and Falkirk battered them and by all accounts had two stonewallers turned down (smirk) so I can't see them laying a glove on us to be honest.

A draw wouldn't surprise me, but I'm going 2-0 Pars.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Clyde to deservedly draw against them meaning the race is nearly over. 

As much as I like the enthusiasm, I just cant see it. admittedly the best Clyde can do is a play off place as they are only 3pts ahead of Peterhead in the automatic relegation spot. Howerever they absolutely leak goals and I think Falkirk will be too strong for them.