Scccccoooooooottttlllllaaaannndddd!!!!!!!

SanguinePar

6 minutes ago, Mr Mac said:

Rodeo's interview ...🤣 dry your eyes, mate 

The irony that he is one of the dirtiest players in their team, who played for Atletico, the biggest purveyors of ****housery in football, and the fact they spent the entire first half doing exactly the same thing. 

He then suddenly couldn't speak English when asked about this. At least McTominay admitted it and said both teams were at it and you do what it takes to win. 

Beat them at their own game and they were HATING it. Delicious. I especially loved Hickey rolling back on the pitch with a sneaky wee look to see if the ref was watching 🤣

I don't think it can be understated what a fantastic performance this was. They had two thirds of the possession but only for about 10 mins at the end of the first half did we look anything close to rattled. They hit the bar (not classed as on target) and had two long range efforts to show for it, both of which Gunn held comfortably. As well as the goals, we had Christie's chance, Dykes chance, McGinn hit the bar and we defended superbly. The whole back3/5 were fantastic, the only times they got in behind were due to offsides. Hanley had his best game in a Scotland shirt. 

We concentrated on pressing them in tight areas and set play situations, forcing them to give us the ball back, or into mistakes and it worked a treat. Norway did the same thing and should have had a couple of goals from it. We took our chances and missed a couple more that we really should have scored. 

Clarke is doing a fantastic job, I really can't understand the criticism he gets as he's made us a proper team. He's given free reign to our attacking players whilst also ensuring we are solid as a defensive unit front to back. 

We started this group as second seeds with a realistic expectation that we are fighting it out with Norway for second place qualification. As it stands, we are now top of the group with maximum points having played the strongest team, whilst Norway are sitting with just a single point, the same as Georgia. 

I'm not making any predictions but we have given ourselves a fantastic start with something to build on. Some very tough games to come away from home but at Hampden, as I've said many times, on our day we can take points from, if not beat, anyone, and I mean anyone.