The Bairns v The Pars

Superally

Think the way Airdrie are going the now they’ll be hard to stop in the play offs. Falkirk v Airdrie semi final be a good encounter. On the game yesterday, we were absolutely appalling first 30 mins and deserved to be 2 down. Great comeback though and 2nd half was fairly comfortable. Just a bit disappointed we never had a go 2nd half as they were terrible soon as we put them under pressure 

• Upvote 2

I think yesterday highlighted we will need to invest in our attacking options for the Championship next season. Otoo was very suspect at the back yesterday and was exposed a few times.

Looked like McPake set us up in the second half to settle for the point. I have to agree with KeltyPar that we should have came out in the 2nd half and had a go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d say in terms of clubs promoted from this league we are closest to the livi side in terms of style and personal,  and the squad that got them the 2nd promotion was 90% the same as got them into the championship. 

We should go with the same squad largely building on the momentum we have, adding a few to give more depth in defence and a bit more spark up front. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure we do have a great squad only my opinion, we have some good players in Edwards, Todd, Hamilton and Wighton.

Chalmers, Breen, Comrie, Mcdonald and Allan (Before inury) have improved significantly but have had a few stinkers (Not Allan).

I would like to see us keep KRH and Otoo as they look good prospects.

Benedictus has been a great leader but I do worry about his pace and I'm still not convinced by Mehmet reminds me of westie great shot stopper but you always have a worry about crosses in.

The level in this league is awful, we haven't blown teams away but Falkirk's awful start made it easier for us. We are far more solid but I think we'd be safe from relegation again in the championship but even with teams being more open against us I think the Kelty and Edinburgh games have shown the issues aren't just down to strikers not scoring. 

The amount of games this season where we have hardly strung 3/4 passes together for half a game will kill us at a higher level.

On the flip side we have only lost one game all season and only once lost three goals in a league game. Which is a fantastic achievement. 

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Queen’s Park showed no loyalty last summer to players that got them up and it’s worked a treat for them. Now we aren’t in that situation I’d say as we have a decent squad, but changes will need to be made to bring a better quality into the squad. 

Watching QP on Friday it showed where they were, headless and with no real idea against an average Partick. Perhaps loyalty and a team spirit actually has merits.

24 minutes ago, Al k said:

I'm not sure we do have a great squad only my opinion, we have some good players in Edwards, Todd, Hamilton and Wighton.

Chalmers, Breen, Comrie, Mcdonald and Allan (Before inury) have improved significantly but have had a few stinkers (Not Allan).

Benedictus has been a great leader but I do worry about his pace and I'm still not convinced by Mehmet reminds me of westie great shot stopper but you always have a worry about crosses in.

The level in this league is awful, we haven't blown teams away but Falkirk's awful start made it easier for us. We are far more solid but I think we'd be safe from relegation again in the championship but even with teams being more open against us I think the Kelty and Edinburgh games have shown the issues aren't just down to strikers not scoring. 

The amount of games this season where we have hardly strung 3/4 passes together for half a game will kill us at a higher level.

On the flip side we have only lost one game all season and only once lost three goals in a league game. Which is a fantastic achievement. 

I would suggest that they are indeed a good squad who play and look out for each other. Looking at the CL bunch just now the Pars would do pretty well with the current squad and attitude. Maybe a couple of key players needed to make a decent thrust at the PL. I rate this Pars team but then my opinions are usually not appreciated on this site.

47 minutes ago, Al k said:

Regardless of Falkirk’s start, we’ve only been beaten once all season. That’s down to us and nothing to do with them, even a 2-0 lead yesterday they still ****ed it 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Regardless of Falkirk’s start, we’ve only been beaten once all season. That’s down to us and nothing to do with them, even a 2-0 lead yesterday they still ****ed it 

Aye they did, heartbreaking it was too 😆

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Lochalsh Par said:

I would suggest that they are indeed a good squad who play and look out for each other. Looking at the CL bunch just now the Pars would do pretty well with the current squad and attitude. Maybe a couple of key players needed to make a decent thrust at the PL. I rate this Pars team but then my opinions are usually not appreciated on this site.

I can't fault the attitude of the squad. We have been very professional about how we have went about it.