Peterhead v The Pars

Superally

3 hours ago, Digs said:

He's scored goals for 5 different teams at Championship level, and has actually scored over 40 goals at that level since making his debut for Dundee.

He's never going to be prolific, that's not his game as he's not a box striker. He keeps the ball well, links up the midfield and wide players well and gets us up the pitch by making it stick. Doing that means you are never going to be a penalty box striker. The trick with him is finding the right player to play off him. At the moment, that seems to be the bit we're not quite sure of. 

I just think he's the type pf player that needs to be reminded of how good he is, have confidence shown in him, and he will be happy. When he is happy and fit, he has delivered. The difference in him from the start of the season to now, and from last season shows that I think.

I generally agree with your opinion, although I think he could be played as a penalty box striker but he hasn’t scored 40 goals at Championship level. He’s only scored 34 league goals in his whole career and 12 have come this season in league 1.

18 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

When he first signed under Craw he had his most prolific scoring period of his career until numpty number 1 was appointed in the summer. 

If you've written him off at championship level, there's clearly some kind of agenda. He's been there, done it. 

Him and O’Hara formed a very good partnership at that time. At the top end of the Championship. Always felt improving strikers was one of the Craws great strengths.

59 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Him and O’Hara formed a very good partnership at that time. At the top end of the Championship. Always felt improving strikers was one of the Craws great strengths.

They looked a good pairing at the time, I feel that's something we miss is a striking coach. Obviously dropping down a league we weren't going to be increasing staff numbers but maybe get one in for next season.