Airdrie v The Pars

Superally

The Pars were finally crowned League 1 Champions and with 3 games left to play (Airdrie, Clyde and finally Alloa), first up is away to Airdrie. Arguably Airdrie have been our toughest opponents this season with two draws and a famous 4-3 win where we were getting horsed in the first 45 there has been little to call between the teams on a head to head. However, over the season the Pars have shown greater consistency and resilience and deservedly won the league as a consequence. Still Airdrie are one of the form teams atm, but so was QoS who were taken apart at EEP. Will McPake wish to add to a record breaking season by continuing the unbeaten run or will he throw it open and give fringe players the opportunity for the first team. I suspect McPake will seek to extend the run and will likely play a strong team for this game. Equally the dilemma also applies to Airdrie who have secured a promotion play off place. With Falkirk playing on Tuesday a win may determine that 2nd place is gone. So does McCabe continue to maintain Airdrie’s momentum with some great results in the run in or rest his first team in preparation for a hectic play off schedule. I think the party will continue, the Pars have done their business and have enough to see this one out 2-1. COYP

• Upvote 1

This is a tough game and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Airdrie win it. They're still wanting to pip Falkirk to 2nd.

However, we're champions and I'd imagine they want to show why. Coupled with contracts up for grabs, it's potentially a shaked up first 11 frlm us. 

I'd take a draw right now. 

I think this will be a tough one, has been all season against them. There's always a dip after a team wins the league, like the pressure has dropped. As he said in his post match interviews though, we've only lost once all season and we want to keep that and the unbeaten run going so I can't see many, if any changes unless there are injuries.

1-1 for me.

Airdrie may not be able to overtake Falkirk, but they'll be wanting to ensure they finish above Alloa to avoid having to play a team from the Championship in the semi-final. It also depends on how strong a team James McPake puts out. I rather fancy he will rest some of our most regular starters and give a few fringe players a chance to shine.

It's also likely that our players will suffer a reaction from their efforts v QOS and are unlikely to be as up for this fixture. I'd never bet against the Pars but if I did, this would be an ideal time to make a few quid.

Edited by GG Riva

I can't see McPake wanting to do anything that will jeopardise the chance of breaking records for clean sheets, unbeaten runs and points gained.

So he'll pick a team he thinks will win - and then change things around with half an hour to go when we're 3-0 down, just to show Airdrie who's the boss ...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Airdrie may not be able to overtake Falkirk, but they'll be wanting to ensure they finish above Alloa to avoid having to play a team from the Championship in the semi-final. It also depends on how strong a team James McPake puts out. I rather fancy he will rest some of our most regular starters and give a few fringe players a chance to shine.

It's also likely that our players will suffer a reaction from their efforts v QOS and are unlikely to be as up for this fixture. I'd never bet against the Pars but if I did, this would be an ideal time to make a few quid.

more like suffer a reaction to how ****ed they were