The Pars v Clyde

Superally

It's the last home game of the season and the Pars have the opportunity to raise the flag and welcome the silverware that is associated with status of League One Champions. While we can all celebrate there is still work to be done and the Pars will have to see off a Clyde team that still has unfinished business at the wrong end of the league. The Bully Wee have proven to be a challenge for the Pars this season with the Pars managing only one win and two draws thus far. Clyde also have much to do needing a single point to avoid the automatic relegation spot but that would only grace them with a playoff place at best. Still Clyde have hit some recent form remaining unbeaten in in their last four games with their last outing being a 1-1 draw with fellow strugglers Peterhead. The Pars are not without a headache and with Benedictus suspended the Pars central defence will have a makeshift feel about them. However, this is a team that despite the silverware are desperate to maintain unbeaten and Mehmet will be keen to add another clean sheet to make it another remarkable season of records. This should be a memorable day for the Pars faithful in the mood to party. 2-0 for the Champions. COYP

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

The back line looks very small with Hamilton and Comrie in there. Think we will just have to play on the front foot and protect our makeshift defence.

I agree, the best form of defence is attack, keep their defence busy and go for it. We may need to be careful with set plays though.

I find our results vs Clyde a bit weird, the home game edwards made a couple of mistakes and Allan was clinical But he’s gone and I don’t see a single of their squad we should worry about, yet for the large part they have kept us at bay. I put that more down to us not turning up, perhaps because there was a subconscious thought that we didn’t have too. I believe that’s gone but maybe that’s wishful thinking, hopefully not