The Pars v Clyde

Superally

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I note in mcpake’s comments on the appeal that there seems to be consideration in the referees position on wether an appeal succeeds or not.  I find that weird,  surely the entire point of an independent panel is to just focus on the incident and make there own judgment? 

Doesn't matter where he's standing if he's not got a clue what he's looking at. 

This is my big bug bear with these decisions, like the Hibs guy and Shinnie recently too. You can know the laws of the game inside and out, but if you don't understand what happened from a players point of view then you can't apply them properly. This especially applies to Serious Foul Play. More often than not, this law is cited as a reason for a red card when in fact, it has been down to the fact the player who was caught was too slow to get to the ball, meaning they were caught due to momentum, or the players follow through (this one especially bugs me - If you're not getting there, the onus is on you to get out the way, not the player who was quick enough to win the ball). 

This is the problem, most of these refs are refs because they couldn't kick snow aff a dyke, and have never kicked a ball at any sort of level, yet they are supposed to be able to understand players intent? It doesn't make any sense. 

• Upvote 3

On 27/04/2023 at 11:02, the saline hill puma said:

Think we will win this quite comfortably

think we will go with a back 3 with Hamilton or Paul Allan in the middle of the 3

I hate to be a party pooper but I think the game will be one to forget. It's effectively a dead rubber. The league is done and dusted and Clyde will be thinking about the upcoming relegation play offs, so neither side will be busting a gut. I can foresee a midfield stalemate with few or no goals. Had Bene been playing he would have certainly urged the team to greater efforts. The biggest cheer could well be reserved for the final whistle and nobody will dare to boo because Bene will be lifting the trophy. 

Is this the most gloomy post ever on this forum. 🤔