Alloa v The Pars

Superally

Only a year ago the Pars were reduced to suffering the most humiliating of seasons ending up in relegation to the third tier of Scottish Fitba due to two absolute clown managers. On Sat we go into our last game of the season as comfortable league Champions with a host of club records. The change to a great management team bringing out the best of a group of players, and uniting the fans has led to the most memorable of seasons. This Saturday the Pars face an away fixture to Alloa, and in fairness while the Pars continue to party The Wasps also have something to celebrate too securing the 4th play off place also giving them the chance of promotion to the Championship. Since winning the League the Pars remain unbeaten and have continued break records – I see no difference this Saturday. With O’Hara suspended, Breen and Todd injured McPake knows that his trusted Captain Benedictus will return. I would expect minimal changes from the Clyde game with a full bench getting their chance on the pitch. Alloa will want to go into the playoffs with momentum, but they have key injures and may want to take the opportunity to rest players. The Wasps with three defeats are the only team the Pars can take a 100% record in League 1 and I expect them to do so Saturday. 2-0 Pars. COYP.

• Upvote 2

I don’t think McGowan has been forced into the starting 11, I’d have thought the main aim of starting him last week was for experience with bene out.   I think with bene back available I’m not sure what he adds,  I know mcpake likes him a lot but I think his lack of game time is an acknowledgment that he knows that McGowan hasn’t got long left and that a contract offer, which almost seemed inevitable when he joined may not be such a good idea.

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think McGowan has been forced into the starting 11, I’d have thought the main aim of starting him last week was for experience with bene out.   I think with bene back available I’m not sure what he adds,  I know mcpake likes him a lot but I think his lack of game time is an acknowledgment that he knows that McGowan hasn’t got long left and that a contract offer, which almost seemed inevitable when he joined may not be such a good idea.

He dosnt give the ball away to be fair but he also isnt very dynamic anymore, dosnt drive with the ball or take chances with forward passes its all sideways keep the ball type stuff.

I would rather bring in someone different than giving McGowan a contract. A player we have been interested in the past is Ben Williamson and with Beale trying to get players removed from the wage bill he could become available. He is still young and would fit the clubs model. 

31 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Maybe a 6 month deal at best to show what he has got left then? Just think the midfield could do with another Matty Todd type who can just keep going and going to cover ground 

We did miss todd when he's been injured,  If we can clone him I absolutely would.

8 hours ago, Al k said:

McGowan looks finished, I'd hope to god he hasn't or isn't being offered anything.

Great role model as a professional but his football days look gone after a really bad injury. 

Shame really as he was a good Professional Footballer .. The step up to the Championship is one too far for him .. Maybe being lined up on the coaching staff ?